Figure skater stories that could be a TV/motion picture movie.. | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Figure skater stories that could be a TV/motion picture movie..

Zanzibar said:
With over 300 pages of notes, dozens and dozens of hours on tape and hundreds of photos...I better be able to put something together.
:rock: :agree: :cool:

I will help you:

"The Sexiest Men in Figure Skating" by KB

Part I: The Legends

"He was known as Mathman..."

(Btw MM - you thought I was joking about using your Czisny line - but read the next issue of IFS very carefully and in the opening paragraph of the Alissa story you might just recognize something....)
I have always felt I had it in me to write the Great American Novel. Here's what I've got so far:

"Call me Ishmael."

Wuddya think? :)

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Originally posted by Mathman
have always felt I had it in me to write the Great American Novel. Here's what I've got so far:

"Call me Ishmael."

Wuddya think?

Hey Mathman, how bout starting with, "They call me Mr. Tibbs" ?
I dare you to name the movie!

Tenorguy

Zanzibar

Final Flight
[QUOTE from Mathman]:rock: :agree: :cool:

I will help you:

"The Sexiest Men in Figure Skating" by KB

Part I: The Legends

"He was known as Mathman..." [ END QUOTE]

Hee-hee....you'll be the only 'non' - Ruskie chapter in the book - right before the 37 chapters devoted to some guy named Alexander...

I have always felt I had it in me to write the Great American Novel. Here's what I've got so far:

"Call me Ishmael."

Wuddya think? :)

Hmmm....I think if you can steal from Herman Melville then it's okay that I 'borrowed' from you, LOL!

Last edited:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Well, if one wanted to delve into high camp (which would be the only way to do it), there's always the Zhulin/Usova/Gritshuk triangle, where Zhulin had the affair with Gritshuk while skating and married to Usova; at some point Usova allegedly saw Gritshuk sitting at a bar and slammed her face into the counter. This was also I believe about the time the Gritshuk and Bobek got into a fight over some guy (presumably NOT Zhulin) and Bobek may or may not have slapped her.

JOHIO2

Medalist
JonnyCoop said:
Well, if one wanted to delve into high camp (which would be the only way to do it), there's always the Zhulin/Usova/Gritshuk triangle, where Zhulin had the affair with Gritshuk while skating and married to Usova; at some point Usova allegedly saw Gritshuk sitting at a bar and slammed her face into the counter. This was also I believe about the time the Gritshuk and Bobek got into a fight over some guy (presumably NOT Zhulin) and Bobek may or may not have slapped her.

Now THERE is a movie I think people would pay to see! :rofl:

JOHIO2

Medalist
Tenorguy, I'm going to answer for MM, since he's probably still sleeping off the turkey. In the Heat of the Night!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
JOHIO2 said:
Now THERE is a movie I think people would pay to see! :rofl:

Hey, if Bobek did in fact slap her (Bobek says she didn't, Gritshuk says she did), I would have paid to see THAT!! As a matter of fact, had I been a judge at the time, had I heard that Bobek slapped Gritshuk, I'd've stuck an extra .2 on each one of Bobek's marks just for that!! Pasha, as you may have gathered, was never one of my favorites. Tho I understand she has mellowed out now and admits to being a bit mortified about her behavior circa Nagano, she was certainly a major pain in the butt back then; I felt so sorry for Evgeni Platov.