"Blades of Glory" A Will Ferrell/Jon Heder movie | Golden Skate

"Blades of Glory" A Will Ferrell/Jon Heder movie

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Pair skating toward deal for 'Blades'

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/film/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001523770

""Blades" revolves around a pair of world-class men's figure skaters who are banned from the sport after their disgraceful brawl during the Winter Games in Salt Lake City. After three years of toiling in obscurity, they attempt to put aside their feud and exploit a loophole in the terms of their suspension, partnering to compete in the only category open to them -- pairs figure skating."

I think this sounds hilarious! :laugh:

CDMM1991

Medalist
I wonder who the doubles would be :laugh:
Jean-Sebestien Fecteau for John Heder?
And who for Will Ferrell?

kyla2

Final Flight
Hilarious!!

This is one I have absolutely got to see. Does anyone remember when Tom Hanks imitated Brian Boitano on Saturday Night Live after the battle of the Brians? He was an absolute hoot. One of the funniest things I have ever seen and he was a darn good skater too. Just so you all know, I love Brian Boitano but this was too funny.

OMG!!! My dream come true! Napolean Dynamite playing a figure skater?!
:clap: :agree: :rofl:

For those who haven't seen "Napolean Dynamite," I highly recommend it in general (on DVD now) but especially before seeing "Blades." Roger Ebert hated it but Stan from "South Park" loves it and thinks Jon Heder is a way better actor than Tom Cruise. I won't spoil the story of this "SP" episode, but I almost blew a kidney I was laughing so hard.

Jon Heder on figure skates. Thank you god! Thank you whomever's in charge! :rock: :rock: :rock:

And thank you CzarinaAnya for the info!

Rgirl

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Rgirl said:
For those who haven't seen "Napolean Dynamite," I highly recommend it in general (on DVD now) but especially before seeing "Blades."

that movie is a waste of time... it was so stupid

Eeyora

Final Flight
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I wonder if their will be any skater Cameos

or will Dana Carvey or David Spade play Scott Hamilton.

njtoddfan

Rinkside
Will Ferrel is hilarious... I'm sure this movie will be funny, but stupid funnny.. I'll definitely see it. I do need to see Napolean Dynomite... my brother and sister really like that movie... one of these days I'll have to watch it, especially before seeing this movie!!

icy fresh

On the Ice
This looks great! I'm so delighted that more and more figure skating movies are coming out. I just have one question: are those two going to pair up to form a male/male pairs team? I don't even think that's an option in real life, which is why this movie will be absolutely hilarious!

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
The acrobatic team of Polishuk and Besedin came to mind when I first heard about it. Maybe they should be Will and Jon's coaches lol :laugh:

nicole_l

Final Flight
There's no point to Napoleon Dynamite, and it is really stupid, but gosh! It's funny!
(Can someone bring me some chapstick, my lips hurt real bad!)

nicole_l said:
There's no point to Napoleon Dynamite, and it is really stupid, but gosh! It's funny!
(Can someone bring me some chapstick, my lips hurt real bad!)
ITA "Napolean Dynamite" is funny (obviously), but I disagree that there's no point to the film. Without spoiling it, I think the very real and actually serious point to "ND" is the need for friendship and that in order to continue to have meaningful friendships in life, people must accept each other's differences while still maintaining the essential "you." It has other points to, but IMO, that's the main one.

After all, listen to the lines of the song that goes over the best opening credits sequence I've ever seen.:clap:

This is JMO, of course, but I don't think "ND" would have had the impact it had (Charlie Rose, of all peope, had the director/writer and Jon Heder on his show to discuss why this little movie become such a monster hit) if it was just funny and had no depth to it. It reminds me of the Farelly brother's "Shallow Hal" in that it uses humor to make a serious point. I think "ND" is a better film, but now we're really talking subjectivity.

Peace, out.:)
Rgirl

PS. :rofl: at your chapstick line.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Rgirl said:
Roger Ebert hated it but Stan from "South Park" loves it and thinks Jon Heder is a way better actor than Tom Cruise.
Stan from South Park also worships the ground Brian Boitano walks on, and Roger Ebert is a funny looking constellation.:biggrin:

Spirit

On the Ice
This is kind of bizarre. For a movie like this to make the most money, the time to strike would be just before the Olympics, or at least just after it. But if they're only just now talking about making it, then it will be at least six months, probably longer than a year, before it's released. They would have to change the storyline to something other than Salt Lake City / Torino.

And please remember that people talk about making movies all the time. They don't always get made.