Midwestern Sectionals | Golden Skate

Midwestern Sectionals

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Whoo-hoo! My boy Rohene is in 3rd after the short - and within less than two points for 1st place. Pennington leads, Jahnke in 2nd and then Rohene Ward.
Even with mistakes on his jump landings and one fall, Rohene's incredible spirals and spins kept him near the top AND he landed his QUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and if any of this info. is incorrect then please blame the person watching it live on the internet and providing me play-by-play, LOL!)

Last edited:

sk8addict

On the Ice
Rohene

Yee ha!!!1 Rohene finishes in 3rd! So excited to see him at nationals again. He's one of the prettiest skaters I have ever seen. Fell in love with his skating in Dallas 2003. Looks like Jamie Silverstein & Naomi Nari Nam will make it back for 2006 as well!!! Going to be a fun Nationals!!

Katy Taylor had an assome won the Senior ladies the Mid-West Sectionals. She after the short was first 51.64 then after the long she score 94.32 which clich the win in the Mid-West Sectionals with a total 146.00. She landed all her jumps and she was defentantly into her performance with great emonation. Great job Katy Taylor good luck at Nationals.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Lydia Manon / Brandon Forsythe ?

Anybody knows why they withdrew from the sectionals? Does it mean they did not qualify for the Nationals? Or do they get a pass based on Lake Placid (if I remember correctly, nothing spectacular) or Lydia's placement at last year's Nationals (is it even possible since she was with a different partner)? BTW, her former partner and Jaime had won their sectionals.

I also noticed Amir Gambana (sp?) skating with a new partner (Pacific) and they qualified. I really liked him and his sister Sima.

Tiffany Scott had a new partner and they have won their sectionals.

Yana

ElFuego

Rinkside
Manon and Forsythe withdrew from sectionals because Lydia is ill. There are no injury/illness byes to Nationals anymore, so this would be the end of their season. IIRC they have always been more focused on 2010, so they'll probably be back at Lake Placid next summer.