Thread: Sasha's Bielmann (and more pics)

Custom Title

Sal-Kowabunga!
    This site is locked up better than Fort Knox! Bug-me-not doesn't work. I tried twice. Then, surrendered and registered for a screen name. Boy, I am pissed because now it says I still can't access the site. Bummer.

Custom Title
    same here.

when I clicked I got to the compuserve site with my aol login name (had no idea aol and compuserve were partners) - I signed in and then got the access denial. too bad.

Yana

argh. me too. darn, i wanted to see it.

Custom Title
    Very sorry to all.
    I will attempt to find the original AP photo tomorrow. (AP archives)

Custom Title
    It was said there is other way to get level 4 spin other than Bielmann. I'm wondering why Sasha needs to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by mzheng
    It was said there is other way to get level 4 spin other than Bielmann. I'm wondering why Sasha needs to do this.
    Unless I missed something, the only element Sasha recieved a L4 on was a spin, and did not involve a Biellmann. The spin at the end that DID involve a Biellmann was L3.

I have always thought that Biellmann does NOT = L4 for any skater. It's the full requirements of the element including positions (number and difficulty), maintaining or gaining speed, (rather than starting slow and getting slower which is what most seem to do) etc. That's why IMO Irina's Biellmann's are more effective (point wise) than others.

Biellmann does NOT = L4 from what I'm seeing, and I wish Sasha would do something else - she's capable of so many other positions.

DG

Custom Title
    I cannot find a "free" site which has Sasha's Biellman from the short in France. Sorry to all that could not see this picture.

Skater Girl
    I think a layback into a faster layback into a Beillmann = L4 spin.

I liked Sasha's Beillmann. I downloaded her SP and LP from SkatingVids. Both very promising programs...and her Beillmann isn't nearly so slow as it was at Campbells, and she gets into a very nice position.

Down With It
    I can login to the site successfully (I have an AOL account) but then I get "internal error". Oh well.

Custom Woman
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggygirl
    Unless I missed something, the only element Sasha recieved a L4 on was a spin, and did not involve a Biellmann. The spin at the end that DID involve a Biellmann was L3.

I have always thought that Biellmann does NOT = L4 for any skater. It's the full requirements of the element including positions (number and difficulty), maintaining or gaining speed, (rather than starting slow and getting slower which is what most seem to do) etc. That's why IMO Irina's Biellmann's are more effective (point wise) than others.

Biellmann does NOT = L4 from what I'm seeing, and I wish Sasha would do something else - she's capable of so many other positions.
    ITA.

Rgirl