Remembering Sergei: 1967-1995 | Golden Skate

Remembering Sergei: 1967-1995

anya_angie

Final Flight
Just wanted to post this special thread of rememberance for Sergei Grinkov. One of the most shocking deaths of the 1990s, he is missed.

Be at peace, Sergei.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
has it trully been 10 years? :no: I still don't understand why... but am remembering a great skater on this day.

We love you Sergei. :love:

chania36

On the Ice
!0 yrs already, WOW time goes fast. Anyway, I always think about him on november 20th every year... G&G were the greatest pair ever. He was so special, he was very nice and I think that we will always remember him. It feels like it was just a couple of years, it is so fresh in my memory.

Gwendolyn

Rinkside
I know, 10 years. An entire decade since the ice was last graced by their skating. And in my honest opinion I don't think skating has ever truly recovered from his loss and pairs skating has still not caught up to G&G in general. Somne pairs have some aspect, some have others but none has the entire package. He was a greater skater, and by all appearances an even greater man and that is really what lies at the heart of this tragedy.

We still love you Sergei!!:)

76olympics

On the Ice
Godspeed, Sergei!

I hope there is a wonderful library/skating rink up there! What a great skater he was and a great person, as well.

Last edited:

njtoddfan

Rinkside
Wow.... 10 years already.... what a tragic loss it was for skating. I remember watching the skating tribute to him and just crying through the entire show, especially when Katia took the ice by herself. Daria still looks very much like her dad... especially when she smiles.

Evdokia

On the Ice
It’s a sad time each year we have this tragic anniversery again. Up to now it’s still hard for me to watch old performances of Katia and Sergej .... :cry:

And I agree, Daria looks so much like her Dad. :yes: