Naomi Nari Nam is finally going back to Nats! | Golden Skate

Naomi Nari Nam is finally going back to Nats!

She and her partner (who is no slouch) are going to rock the Pairs world - if not this year, definitely next,.

Joe

rjulie510

Rinkside
I'm SO excited about this. I can't wait to see Naomi and her partner skate. ABC better show them during Nationals broadcast. So far most people seem to have nothing but good things to say about this pair.

sk8addict

On the Ice
Naomi

I am really excited to see her again and in pairs especially. I am still grieving the loss of Don & Hunt.

I

IcyBallerina

I don't know where else to put this, but I have the tape of NNN/TL's short program and Pac Coast sectionals and I've put together a list of their elements. Somebody tell me if this isn't a spoiler and I'll post it here, otherwise, PM me.

'Fraid I can't find their long on the Skating Channel; anyone know for sure what region they were in?

I

IcyBallerina

Nnn/tl

Here goes. The long program was just added recently, so I haven't had a chance to go through it and write everything down. I will add it soon!

Naomi Nari Nam and Themistocles Leftheris

Short Program, Pac Coasts, 2005-2006

Costumes
His: Black pants, teal shirt with gold around
Hers: Teal halter dress with gold collar and under the bust
Music
Something Asian I half-recognize but can’t quite place.

First Impression: Sexy opening!
SBS 3Toe
Throw 3S
Split double twist, two footed landing
Forward Inside Death Spiral
SBS camel-sit-pose-back camel-back sit (slightly out of synch near the end, and you can hear the coach telling them when to change positions)
Lift… cool flippy exit
Pairs spin with a million changes of position
Circular disconnected footwork
Last Words: Music builds in energy and speed throughout.

jayta

Rinkside
Yeah I watched it. Here are my thoughts...

d/l'd NNN&Therewhatshisname....

They are SOOOOO GOOD! I hope they are touted lots on Nationals! A reason for me to watch US Nationals. The only reason I watched in 99 & 00 was because of NNN, and now here she is again, bringing me back to this broadcast (this is because I'm Canadian, which is why it doesn't really interest me that much)

I d/l and then tried playing. It was going for the license aquisition thing, I registered and then it worked!

Okay, as much as I'm glad she's skating competitively again. I :cry: at the fact that she won't be skating singles again. Seriously, watching her skate side by side her partner, :rock: it doesn't even compare. She has that spark. She has always had that spark. And I love her for it. She feels every note and hits every mark crisply and beautifully. My eyes were drawn to her.

Her partner has a lot to go. He just seems to be hitting the steps, trying to keep up with her energy. I'm sure he will, given time. But still, it makes me LONG for her single days. Could we just kind of edit her partner out? LOL...sorry that was bad of me...