Is Sandu's "Olympic Tick Tock" a "Masterpiece?" | Golden Skate

Is Sandu's "Olympic Tick Tock" a "Masterpiece?"

Arianne

On the Ice
E. Sandu has labeled his new free program as a "masterpiece." I think that it is a great program, one of the best, if not the best out there this season. I think its a bit much to label your own program as a masterpiece, but it is obvious that he is confident and performing it really well. I don't think his costume is a "masterpiece," but thats besides the point. I do like his creative spins and choreography. What do you think? Is this program worthy of the title, "Masterpiece?"

I think it is a wonderful program. (And I don't mind the costume, LOL.) This could be Eman's year finally to put it all together.

About his bragging that it is a "masterpiece," maybe he intended to give praise to the choreographer rather than to himself.

Mathman

Skate@Delaware

On the Ice
Well, it's HIS masterpiece and it was extremely well executed!!!:rock: Original and breathtaking. So, I guess it depends on what your definition of a "masterpiece" is.

Arianne

On the Ice
Do you know who his choreographer is? Mathman, your right. It really is the choreographer who designed the "masterpiece."

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I can see why he'd be so enthusiastic about a program with music written especially for him, especially with such interesting choreography. I must say that (IMHO) calling it a "masterpiece" is, if nothing else, premature.
If he skates it as well in Turin as well as he's been skating it already, and winds up at the top of the podium, we will ALL be calling it a "masterpiece".
Go E-man!
xoxo
Rave

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Yes, it is a masterpiece (butt spin aside...) and his calling it a materpiece... well, that's simply classic! Gotta luv Eman!:yes: :laugh:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Hey Kwanford, will you do me a huge favor? Go to User Control Panel -> Edit Password and put [/color] at the end of your signature? ;) :agree:

MM.

Done... Sorry about that... I didn't even pay any attention... now, my signature is a "masterpiece"

E-man is on a roll this year and the LP is well constructed with him in mind. A masterpiece? That word will have to defined. Is he the 'masterpice' or his choreogapher? and does it compare with all the works of those reinascence(sp) painters?

Joe

soogar

Record Breaker
Did Eman actually call it a masterpiece or was that Brad640. I know Brad had a poll on FSU about Eman's program being a masterpiece. I didn't know that Eman also said that about his program . Though I will say that Eman's butt in his too tight costume is a master piece. :biggrin:

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
soogar said:
Did Eman actually call it a masterpiece or was that Brad640. I know Brad had a poll on FSU about Eman's program being a masterpiece. I didn't know that Eman also said that about his program . Though I will say that Eman's butt in his too tight costume is a master piece. :biggrin:

Eman was interviewed by ABC (Peter, I think) and "masterpiece" is what Eman called it.

Yana

dfj

On the Ice
STL_Blues_fan said:
Eman was interviewed by ABC (Peter, I think) and "masterpiece" is what Eman called it.

It's obvious that he really loves this program and it shows in the skating.

Now, I just wish he'd grow to "love" the SP - no one can tango like the Eman - and if he can just lay it down, wow! :cool:

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Yes, it's a superb program. However, I have to laugh whenver I read the title on the TV screen, right before he skates. I tell my husband, "I sure hope that Tick-Tock isn't a ticking bomb!" :) :rofl:

waxel

Final Flight
Is it a masterpiece? Not so sure about that. I for one agree with a poster on another board who opined that the music was little more than "percussive banging." Original doesn't necessarily mean good.

However, I am delighted that he is confident and skating the program well.

guinevere

Final Flight
I haven't seen all the top men's programs yet this season, but of the ones I've seen, it is by far the best. As for Sandhu calling it a masterpiece...well, I think that's part acknowledging the choreographer, part pumping himself up for it, and part arrogance. But I don't disagree with him :lol:

CDMM1991

Medalist
I haven't seen Sandhu's program yet this season, but this could be Emanuel's year. He has EVERYTHING, except consistency in the short program, which I think might come if he is in the right mindset.