Is Sandu's "Olympic Tick Tock" a "Masterpiece?" | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Is Sandu's "Olympic Tick Tock" a "Masterpiece?"

cmego500

Rinkside
I don't really think it's a masterpiece. When i saw him do it, i felt it was very boring w/out that "it" factor that makes me goosepump <sp?>

shine

Record Breaker
I wouldn't quite say it's a masterpiece, but it's certainly by far my favourite LP of his, with true originality and intepretation. Really love it.

Only time will tell if "Tick Tock" is a masterpiece. But like many others, I think it's the best program I've seen in many years in any discipline. Go, E-man, go!

Rgirl

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
"Tick-Tock", isn't, IMO, a Masterpiece. I really am not a fan of skaters using fast "musical" beats w/out any flow. Just a constant , *tink tink clunk tink tiink*. Not my idea of music. Makes me want to mute the tv. Which, I do.

Hikaru

Final Flight
About the masterpiece, I guess it depends on our personal tastes whether we think it is a masterpiece or not. That aside, I see that Eman seems very happy and motivated with this program, and that's good for him. He seems so relax when skating to that music, and that's what matters, IMHO.

S

SkateFan4Life

I also think that Sandu was praising his choreographer when he labeled his program "a masterpiece". It is an excellent program, and it has served him very well so far this season. It's wonderful to see how brilliantly this guy can skate when he stays on his feet.

In a Skate Canada interview, he was asked to comment on his obvious technical improvement. He responded, to paraphrase, that he has finally learned to not become unraveled if he makes a mistake and to just carry on to the next element and skate through it. Perhaps he's discussed this issue with Kurt Browning, who gave almost the identical response to a similar question a number of seasons ago. In essence, Kurt said, "You have to skate to this beat of the music, to this second in time. Whatever you did five seconds ago is history. It's gone. You must forget about the past and skate in the present tense."

Good advice! :clap: