Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Article on Alissa Czisny

News New Article on Alissa Czisny

http://www.bgnews.com/vnews/display..../438140ec2a112

it also mentions that Amber is looking for an ice dance partner

She's worried about making 3rd place at the Nats. It's conceivable that she may win the gold. The lady has everything a gold medalist needs. More than just my opinion.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    She's worried about making 3rd place at the Nats. It's conceivable that she may win the gold. The lady has everything a gold medalist needs. More than just my opinion.

Joe
    I think she's being realistic... and it's nice to see her acknowledge teh competition instead of shrugging it off.

Interesting that she only placed 2nd at Sectionals.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    Interesting that she only placed 2nd at Sectionals.
    Alissa Czisny placed 2nd (to Katy Taylor) at last year's Midwestern Sectionals; she had a bye through Mids this past weekend due to having qualified for the Sr. GP Final.

I'm looking seriously at Alissa for consistencies. She's had two consistent SPs and two consistent LPs now. The question is, will she have the consistency at the GPF? I don't expect her to beat Slutskaya and Asada but if the consistency is there, I can see a bronze at the GPF and maybe a gold at US Nats.

Joe

Down With It
    Can she do it? Yes.

WILL she do it? A whole 'nother story. I think her biggest competitor is Kimmie Meissner.

Good to know her head's staying in the right place. Nothing is worse than a false sense of security, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    WILL she do it? A whole 'nother story. I think her biggest competitor is Kimmie Meissner.
    I disagree... her biggest competitor is her nerve... if her nerve gives out... she had better hope everyone else has the same problem...

it's that old cliche - the biggest competition is herself

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    I disagree... her biggest competitor is her nerve... if her nerve gives out... she had better hope everyone else has the same problem...

it's that old cliche - the biggest competition is herself
    Well, but anyone can say that. If we assume Alissa can overcome that, Kimmie better be on.

Sal-Kowabunga!
    Toni,
    I agree about the nerves problem. But look at it this way, she's had a fantastic season so far and she still has GP final before Nationals. If she does well there, that could be a whole lot of confidence boosting. Plus, since I don't really know much about her, I don't know if nerves have been her major downfall or "feet injuries." (hey, blame that reporter. I'd have said foot injuries.)

to be honest I really don't know much about her either... but reading past "reports" on her I have always been under the impression that nerves would tend to get the best of her....

she has more pressure now going into the GPF and if she does skate amazingly well again there she would have even MORE pressure going into Nationals... it's almost a no win situation

I hope she skates amazingly well though... she is fun to watch

Sal-Kowabunga!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    I hope she skates amazingly well though... she is fun to watch
    Now THAT I can agree with. She blew me away at Skate America when I wasn't expecting anything from her. And I think she skated even better at Skate Canada. Best Wishes, Alissa!

Quote Originally Posted by JOHIO2
    Now THAT I can agree with. She blew me away at Skate America when I wasn't expecting anything from her. And I think she skated even better at Skate Canada. Best Wishes, Alissa!
    She's better LIVE but that's a summer topic.

Joe

Down With It
    About the TV vs. live debate...do you think it would add anything if TV showed coverage of the entire rink instead of the typical "side" view following the skater around?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    About the TV vs. live debate...do you think it would add anything if TV showed coverage of the entire rink instead of the typical "side" view following the skater around?
    Decidedly. that's what the judges see.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast