George Cloony on David Letterman | Golden Skate

George Cloony on David Letterman

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yeah i know everyone else has already seen it and it's not on up here yet... but I want to know

they showed a clip where Clooney said "Did you hear? Brad Pitt is getting married at my house in Italy"

I am guessing that he is completely joking as otherwise he'd be crazy because I doubt Brad and [i guess] Angelina may not want a big spectacle (then agan he and Jennifer had no problem sharing so what do I know)

I just want to know what was all said during that part of the interview... lol

JOHIO2

Medalist
I think Clooney was responding to Letterman mentioning those rumors. And I'm pretty sure he was joking. However, if joking about it throws the press off, maybe he should get married there!

Oh, man! I missed George Clooney on Dave! Major bummer. If George is anything like his public persona in private, that's my kind of guy. He's probably not, but I'll take his dad, Nick.:love:

Rgirl

heyang

Record Breaker
Clooney is a known practical joker - but perhaps the joke is on the media and he is telling the truth.....

Clooney is a hearthrob. I wouldn't turn him away!

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Hey there Rgirl! Now I do not divulge this to brag or drop zee names, but I did do an acting stint with Mr. Clooney ..... years back, something about a hospital.......

Anyways, from my 2 days on the set I can tell you 2 things I observed about the man behind the great face: 1) he is goofy goofy goofy! While Noah Whylie pushed him around on an IV stand George kept making the most obSCENE comments in Bullwinkle the Mooses' voice. :rock: Hys-ter-i-cal. "Watch me pull a rabbit out of my _______" You get the picture.

2) Mr. Clooney has got some serious B Ball skills; enough to make a brother jealous. No, I never played with him - I was a lowly day player. He could out 3-point all his cast members. Did he make an impression on me? U bet.

Whaduya think? You're kind of guy?

Tenorguy

Tenorguy said:
Hey there Rgirl! Now I do not divulge this to brag or drop zee names, but I did do an acting stint with Mr. Clooney ..... years back, something about a hospital.......

Anyways, from my 2 days on the set I can tell you 2 things I observed about the man behind the great face: 1) he is goofy goofy goofy! While Noah Whylie pushed him around on an IV stand George kept making the most obSCENE comments in Bullwinkle the Mooses' voice. :rock: Hys-ter-i-cal. "Watch me pull a rabbit out of my _______" You get the picture.

2) Mr. Clooney has got some serious B Ball skills; enough to make a brother jealous. No, I never played with him - I was a lowly day player. He could out 3-point all his cast members. Did he make an impression on me? U bet.

Whaduya think? You're kind of guy?

Tenorguy
Great to see you back, Tenorguy! No name dropping at all. I live in New York and every other neighbor has done a stint with one $20 million dollar actor or another.

Besides, your "ER" anecdote made my Thanksgiving Day--until they pull out the pumpkin pie, that is.

And anybody that riffs obscenities on an IV stand AND can play basketball like a brother is definitely my kind of guy--as if anybody who knows me would have any doubt, LOL.

Now if you could just find out Mr. Clooney's predilections, if you get my drift, so I can dress to his liking and pull out or buy the appropriate toys and deliver me to his place, man, do we have a deal! I assume you take Visa or Mastercard, yes?

:rock:Rgirl:rock:

JOHIO2

Medalist
For those who can't get enough of George Clooney, political junkies, film lovers and history buffs - if you want to see a more serious side of GC, tune into C-Span at 10:39pm est when he discusses his movie about Edward R, Murrow and the McCarthy "House Un-American Activities Committee" in the 1950's.

Though provoking movie (but I haven't seen it yet) and I expect an interesting interview.

http://inside.c-spanarchives.org:8080/cspan/schedule.csp

http://inside.c-spanarchives.org:8080/cspan/cspan.csp?command=dprogram&record=546585263

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Off topic, but the history buff in me is rolling her eyes. Can't anyone get this straight? McCarthy and HUAC had nothing to do with each other. HUAC was the House and held the hearings that lead to the so-called 'blacklists'. Senator McCarthy was in the Senate and basically accused a lot of people (quite of few of whom, according to the Soviet cables translated in the Verona Project, were of course actually Soviet spies) of spying for the Soviet Union. HUAC was basically "Are you a member of the Communist party?", McCarthy was "Are you sending Uncle Joe Stalin registered mail?" (And Murrow was a muckraker who liked to do things like out McCarthy's gay aide to discredit him because we all know gays aren't trustworthy, but as someone who'd cheerfully throw the switch on the Rosenbergs herself, perhaps I'm biased.)

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I heart George Clooney. I've loved him since he made those appearances on Gimme a Break a LOOOOONG time ago! He's awesome. And since it sounds like a lot of people would be interested in this, George is doing an interview with one of the local TV stations here in Cincy on Monday evening. I think he's going to talk about his new movie (Syriana) and some other things as well. I'll come back here after its over to post a review about what all he says there. I LOVE living in the area where George grew up (and where most of his family still lives!) because we get a lot of the rare interviews from him whenever he's in town. He really hasn't forgotten his roots and that alone makes me love him even more. Sigh....what a man. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

JOHIO2

Medalist
kwanfan, I've seen the ads for the latest. Seems to be about oil and the Middle East. Clooney has been shown speaking Arabic. Maybe he had little clue about what he actually said but he sounded pretty good to me. OK, I am clueless about Arabic!

Juliet, I am also apparently clueless about the time I was born. Believe it or not, I actually do know that Joe McCarthy was a Senator. It was Richard Nixon who made his name looking for Commie spies in the House. When Rgirl comes up with a reason for my memory loss, I'll let you know! :biggrin: