Speaking of Thanksgiving... | Golden Skate

Speaking of Thanksgiving...

Whether your family and loved ones eat the turkey or throw it at each other, I hope everyone is thankful for the many blessings I'm sure we all take for granted. And for those in less optimistic circumstances, I hope things start on the up side of the circle for you soon.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at GS, especially our intrepid moderators, and our great administrator, Paula (Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain!), all of whom we do our darndest to drive crazy. But we love you!:love:

Rgirl

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Great thread, RGirl........let me add my good wishes to all for a peaceful and safe Thanksgiving holiday.............42

sk8m8

Final Flight
Rgirl, I am thankful for GS in general and you in specific.

To all the posters...may you have reason to be thankful each and every day.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Happy Thanksgiving ! Travel safely if you're visiting family & friends! :)

sk8m8 said:
Rgirl, I am thankful for GS in general and you in specific.

To all the posters...may you have reason to be thankful each and every day.
Aww, thanks Sk8m8. Right back atcha! And love the rest of your post as well.

Rgirl

JOHIO2

Medalist
I'll repeat what I said at dinner last night. I am very thankful that my son is back from Iraq in one piece and is back in school. And that my daughter and her huband and baby are doing well. And my health has been rather good lately. All good reasons for thankfulness!

Hope everyone had a good holiday. And if you're awake at this hour, you are either an insomniac (moi) or are getting ready to supershop. :laugh:

JOHIO2 said:
I'll repeat what I said at dinner last night. I am very thankful that my son is back from Iraq in one piece and is back in school. And that my daughter and her huband and baby are doing well. And my health has been rather good lately. All good reasons for thankfulness!
JOHIO, I had no idea your son was in Iraq. That he is back safe and sound ranks about as high as it can get in terms of thankfulness. Of course it's also great that your daughter's family are doing well and that your health has been on the good side lately. I'm sure I speak for everyone at GS that we all hope it stays "rather good.":)

Rgirl

JOHIO2

Medalist
Rgirl,

"rather good" sound GREAT to me! And yes, it was a hard year emotionally until he got back to Cleveland. I should also add that I'm thankfull for his boredom and expertise while home this summer. He decided that my computer was an antique and that he would spend the time and bucks to put together something better. Of course he had the ulterior motive of amusing himself, but that new computer/dsl deal I made has been worth it to me now that I am up at nearly 5 AM watching streaming video on Chinese TV of live coverage of the womens gymnastics championship. Gotta love that feed from CCTV5 in China...they show more than US tv and it's live. :rock:

JOHIO2 said:
"rather good" sound GREAT to me! And yes, it was a hard year emotionally until he got back to Cleveland.......Gotta love that feed from CCTV5 in China...they show more than US tv and it's live. :rock:
Isn't it humiliating for the US that they can't show these competitions live or at least as close as possible if there's a big time difference? I love my country, but once again TV shows where it's values are. Boxing, golf, football, football, football are live on network channels. "The Apprentice" and "Fear Factor" are more live than figure skating.

I realize FS is in a slump, but perhaps some of that slump is that ABC tells it to go stand in the corner until they have some room for it. Even then, FS gets relegated to the back room of the crummy hotel, if you don't mind the analogy.

Oh, well. At least most of us have our 'puters with which to fight back!:rock:

You've got a great son, JOHIO, which I'm sure you don't need me nor anybody else to tell you.:)

Rgirl