Who is Christine Zakowski? | Golden Skate

Who is Christine Zakowski?

Has anyone seen this new wunderkind skate? She will be skating (representing the U.S. along with Katy Taylor) in the Junior Grand Prix Final this weekend.

Christine got a personal best 141.14 in Skate Andorra (yes, Andorra is a member of the ISU!), getting second to Mai Asada's 141.29 (!)

In her other Junior Grand Prix event, the Croatia Cup, she had a personal best 47.47 in her SP, but made some errors in the LP to finish third overall.

She is skating to Firebird (short) and Gershwin (long).

Will she be at U.S. Senior Nationals this year? Is she someone to watch?

Mathman :)

jesslily

Final Flight
I only watched her performance two years ago at Eastern on TV. She was novice then. She had the speed and strength. But she wrapped certain jumps, and did not have the extention. I don't know how she developed now. I guess power and speed are her strength. Artistics and flexibility are her weakness. Didn't her coach Jeff D. make the announcement last year after nationals that they are going to move up to senior?

cianni

On the Ice
Mathman

Christina is one of the skaters at UofD I spoke of a few months ago. She is one Im watching and is very good. She practices with Kimmie, Malissa and Orser forget her first name. These are the upcoming younghters to watch. Hope this helps.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Christine Zukowski won the Junior silver medal at 2005 Nationals and was the 2004 Novice champion. She has indeed moved up to Seniors. She won South Atlantic Regionals and received a bye through Eastern Sectionals to Nationals, due to having made the JGPF.

MM - She's gooooood and you have to get to some LIVE competitions and see some of these Novice and Junior skaters.

I saw Christine in Portland at last years Nats. I was very impressed. Check out the Junior Ladies GPF and see where she is at. I'm going to.

I believe she qualified in Sectionals along with other talented young Ladies to appear as Seniors in US Nats. But if she is not in the top 4 or 5 results at Nationals you will not see her on TV. Thanks to ABC programming geniuses.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
Showing more ladies skaters means "chacking" skaters from the other disciplines. Personally, I won't mind :p but a LOT of other fans will.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I saw Christine skate at the Liberty competition this summer. She did a very nice program, and I have a video clip of it, if anyone is interested.