Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Men's Short - Results

Men's Short - Results

http://www.isufs.org/results/gprus05/SEG001.HTM

Oh My!!! I hope some of you got to see Plush live. The King is Back.

DG

Yes!!!

(And a men's bronze for Slutskaya.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    (And a men's bronze for Slutskaya.)

Johhny looked really good too except for the 2 ft / step out on the flip. I could watch that guy skate all day long. Fingers crossed for him in the LP!

I also thought the Nanri's program was VERY fun, and I enjoyed Preaubert's program too - very high energy. Something about it I just liked.

I was hoping to be more impressed than I was with Klimkin and Lindemann.

IMO, Klimkin's costume gets the Rusty Hanger Award for this leg of the event.

DG

Klimkin is an LP skater but look at the SP PCS scores - higher than most.

Also watch for Sawyer in the LP. This is his 'making a statement year'

Joe

Banned
    I have to ask one thing if anybody is interested in giving an answer. How come so many of you complain how Slutskaya's PCS scores are out of this world but nobody says the same things about some of Plushenko's PCS scores? His choreography and transitions are not always worth 8s for example yet he always gets them, and sometimes 9s, yet somehow his PCS scores are all deserved, yet many of Slutskaya's are nitpicked to death.
    Last edited by slutskayafan21; 11-25-2005 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    I have to ask one thing if anybody is interested in giving an answer. How come so many of you complain how Slutskaya's PCS scores are out of this world but nobody says the same things about some of Plushenko's PCS scores? His choreography and transitions are not always worth 8s for example yet he always gets them, and sometimes 9s, yet somehow his PCS scores are all deserved, yet many of Slutskaya's are nitpicked to death.
    True, true, but he's been getting a way with it for so long, it's a given. I want to count his rest periods when I see the SP and LP.

Now, Lambiel just never pulls over for reststops nor does Buttle.

Joe

Joe

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    I can't speak to Plushy's PCS scores since I have yet to see him skate this season. I will say however, from what he apparently did today, he is that much better than all the other men so far this season.
    You might be right though ... could be his scores are inflated as well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nymkfan51
    I can't speak to Plushy's PCS scores since I have yet to see him skate this season. I will say however, from what he apparently did today, he is that much better than all the other men so far this season.
    You might be right though ... could be his scores are inflated as well.
    Well, if they are inflated, we better get used to it 'cause that's the way it's going to be. If Evgeni lands his jumps (which are fabulous), the giant component scores will follow and I love it. For me, it's better than watching Buttle's less than stellar performances pull in gold and silver medals.

Let's see if Plush goes for the 4T/3L in the long.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dfj
    Well, if they are inflated, we better get used to it 'cause that's the way it's going to be. If Evgeni lands his jumps (which are fabulous), the giant component scores will follow and I love it. For me, it's better than watching Buttle's less than stellar performances pull in gold and silver medals.

Let's see if Plush goes for the 4T/3L in the long.
    Buttle has been lucky with his assignments, and so have Lysacek. If either of those two were in an event like this they would probably be buried, or if one of them was even in COC they would have been lower down possably.

Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    I think Plushenko and Slutskaya are getting high component scores for essentially the same reason. They both come out there like they own the arena and they both bring technical superiority that can't help but spill over into strong marks across the board.

The only difference, IMHO, is that in the ladies' discipline, there are fans who like a prettier and more lyrical style (Yukina Ota's, for example), compared to Irina's robust athleticism. On the men's side, it's a little harder to say, Oh Johnny Weir's skating is so graceful, or Jeff Buttle moves so well with the music, so he should be placed ahead of Plushenko. (Evgeni says, come back when you have a quad, fellas, and you, too, can get 9's in Transitions and Choreography.)

MM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    I think Plushenko and Slutskaya are getting high component scores for essentially the same reason. They both come out there like they own the arena and they both bring technical superiority that can't help but spill over into strong marks across the board.

The only difference, IMHO, is that in the ladies' discipline, there are fans who like a prettier and more lyrical style (Yukina Ota's, for example), compared to Irina's robust athleticism. On the men's side, it's a little harder to say, Oh Johnny Weir's skating is so graceful, or Jeff Buttle moves so well with the music, so he should be placed ahead of Plushenko. (Evgeni says, come back when you have a quad, fellas, and you, too, can get 9's in Transitions and Choreography.)

MM
    Agree with you except on Weir. I dont think his PCS should be any higher than they currently are, in fact I find them a tad high already. I do agree on Buttle though.

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    Honestly, I have no problem with Plushy's scores at this point. His jumps are so easy for him ... his quads come as easily to him as triples do to the others. And besides, the rest of the men have stunk up the joint so far this season. Maybe with the exception of Daisuke, but he has no chance of beating Plushy anyway.

Custom Title
    Who do you think deserves better scores than a skater that has dominated the sport for years with difficult jumps other skaters can't land?(like buttle,eman but he is doing a much better job with his jumps so far). Is great to see Plushy comeback after all those injuries in such great form skating fabulously. He is truly the best skater

The results are not surprising. Evgeni has the jumps. I hope we don't hear that he is not healthy and injured.

Stephane can do two quads in a routine and skate edges around Evgeni but what about those 3As. Unfortunately, Stephane is consistently faulty but a beautiful skater.

Apparently Johnny is returning to his old self. Maybe it's Russia that helps. Another beautiful skater who blew it in Canada.

Stefan knocking at the door for the podium. If he's on, Stephane and Johnny better be too.

Ilia - Poor guy, I hope his time hasn't come. It would be a waste. Just like Abt.

I'm still anxious to see the competition on TV.

No doubt about it, the Olympics is Evgeni's to lose.

Joe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by curious
    Who do you think deserves better scores than a skater that has dominated the sport for years with difficult jumps other skaters can't land?(like buttle,eman but he is doing a much better job with his jumps so far). Is great to see Plushy comeback after all those injuries in such great form skating fabulously. He is truly the best skater
    It annoys me that you choose to be a fan of the dominant skater. It makes it too easy for you to use that annoying green smilie at the end of all your posts.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast