Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Men's Short - Results

Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    It annoys me that you choose to be a fan of the dominant skater. It makes it too easy for you to use that annoying green smilie at the end of all your posts.
    Its your turn to grin, Curious. After all, you had to suffer through the Yagudin years.

Skating Freak Barbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Its your turn to grin, Curious. After all, you had to suffer through the Yagudin years.
    Hehe, you're my hero for the day! LOL

I watched the SPs on CCTV5 today, and yes, Plush skated circles among the "boys" of the field...the dominance was notable. But the PCS, for a program who's "choreography" doesn't match the music? A bit high. By far, he was the best of the night, and deserved a healthy lead...but a new personal best/world record with THAT program, right now? Arguable. Maybe at Olys, when it's more seasoned some, but not right now. I guess the judges have been missing him!

Banned
    The Russians all seem to be setting new PBs this season, Slutskaya has, Plushenko has, I am sure Totmianina/Marinin and Navka/Kostomarov wont be too far away from their own.

Banned
    Oh how I long for those good old days. *sighs*

A. Y. & E. P.: Tzars Of The Ice, Lords Of The Rink anya_angie's Avatar
    I haven't seen the program but I think I must point out that if the choreography is conveyed well enough, like Adagio, where you must keep in mind the character he was trying to convey there, a suffering philosopher, even though it doesn't match what Westerners would put to the same music, it would be all right to reward.

Skating Freak Barbie
    Quote Originally Posted by anya_angie
    I haven't seen the program but I think I must point out that if the choreography is conveyed well enough, like Adagio, where you must keep in mind the character he was trying to convey there, a suffering philosopher, even though it doesn't match what Westerners would put to the same music, it would be all right to reward.
    I don't think it's a matter of the "character" in this program....but rather, the normal typical fast Plush choreography and footwork (MOSTLY...there are some slower, nice movements) put to slow music....it just doesn't match up well.

Well just so we're on the same page, it is Mario he's portraying right?

*watches video*

Oh yes, definitely Mario. Notice the part where he acts like he is writing?
    Last edited by anya_angie; 11-25-2005 at 09:06 PM.

Custom Title
    I like Plushy's program. Granted it doesn't "go with the music." But it's different and it works at least IMO. And of course it does help that Plushy is "the man" and is absolutely mesmerizing.

I can't wait to see his long program!
    Last edited by Enero; 11-25-2005 at 09:27 PM.

For me his best SP was Adagio, but this is just as character-driven if not moreso (the movements after the jumps and expression during the spins in addition to the usual expression during the footwork). This is his second-best sp I've seen from him.

He's definitely come a long way from the Slovonic Dances days, where there seemingly was no character, just skating to music. And I adore those programs LOL!
    Last edited by anya_angie; 11-25-2005 at 09:41 PM.

Custom Title
    No surprise so far. GO PLUSHY!!!!

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by anya_angie
    For me his best SP was Adagio, but this is just as character-driven if not moreso (the movements after the jumps and expression during the spins in addition to the usual expression during the footwork). This is his second-best sp I've seen from him.
    Yes, definitely very character-driven which makes it so interesting. He skated circles around the others and was rewarded deservingly IMO. That footwork was incredibly difficult, yikes!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    The results are not surprising. Evgeni has the jumps.

Joe
    I would say that whether we are able to see it or not, LOL, Evgeni has everything else, too... At least that seems to be the opinion of the judges:

http://www.isufs.org/results/gprus05/SEG001.HTM

The other guys did not come even close in PCS.

Personally I liked Lambiel´s skating also, but it was Johnny Weir whose skating pleased my eye most.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana
    I would say that whether we are able to see it or not, LOL, Evgeni has everything else, too... At least that seems to be the opinion of the judges
    Indeed. Of course, he's got his strengths and weaknesses just like any skater.

Some can't seem to forgive Plushenko for his faults but at the same time they have no problem calling skaters' like Buttle, Sandhu, Lambiel, Weir the complete package and suddenly their faults are forgotten and forgivable. How's it their faults such as, for example, inconsistency any less worse than Plushenko's faults? I just don't understand that way of reasoning. Oh well, I guess I'm not supposed to get it.

Let's make it easy for everyone by calling them all complete packages. That way no one has to feel their fave skater is being left out.
    Last edited by Vitacus; 11-26-2005 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitacus
    Let's make it easy for everyone by calling them all complete packages. That way no one has to feel their fave skater is being left out.
    Nicely put, Vitacus. They are all skaters and doing their best and it's not something we would do.

Joe

Custom Title

Wrong,I had plenty of fun during those days lol!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast