Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ladies from TV

Custom Title
    Mao was the best by far. Not only in technique but overall 'looks' and presentation. Sorry but Sasha's barrell-like chest is not balletic. And her hiked-up spiral no longer cuts it, without speed, flow & deep edges of the others gals.

It's no longer enough to hike it up Pilates-style.

Banned
    I was actually impressed with Meissner's skate. Two triple-triples, all clean jumps, and she is planning a triple axel in there as well. She will likely top the other women by 12-18 points in jump DD alone, and she doesnt seem to miss much, although she did in the short program here. Her presentation still looks juniorish, but it is clear she is working on it, she is trying unique spins that can give her higher values even if she isnt quite pulling it off right now. I was impressed with her effort, and maybe she is a dark horse for something this year.

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Joannie, was solid. I think her scores should have been higher.

Joe
    I'd love to hear a bunch of opinions on Joannie's skating and programs this year. I can't quite put my finger on it, but she's just not impressing me overall the way she did last year with Firebird. She seems to have the elements of a good package - solid "tricks", Wilson choreo, nice presence on the ice, etc. etc. but her programs this year leave me feeling pretty ho-hum. Like there is something missing to distinguish her from the rest of the pack of top skaters. It's like a letter with no signature on it or something.

Is it just me? If it's not just me, can anyone put their finger on what's missing?

DG

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    Doggygirl, I know what you mean. I absolutely hate her SP music, and the program to me isn't much better. Very non-descript; nothing special at all. I do like her LP though ... but even there, I wish she had chosen something with a little more "umph" to it. I guess I fall into that whole "Olympic" music thing. I know it inevitably depends on what the skater does on the ice, but I always think it can't hurt if you have great music to help things along.

Banned
    I was dissapointed to see Rochette not get higher scores here, especially in PCS. I think alot of it is her music, it is nice music, but it does not grab your attention, and it makes her performances seem a bit boring. She also had too many shaky landings, she needs to land jumps cleanly and with flow to do well.

Custom Title
    I find Joannie rather stiff and rigid in her upper body, which takes away from the overall picture.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe
    I find Joannie rather stiff and rigid in her upper body, which takes away from the overall picture.
    I think that is true as well.

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar
    Sasha "wuz-robbed" of PCS, even Wylie said that

Mao just keeps on amazing me

Rochette needs to lose her SP Music. So irritating

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SailorGalaxia518
    Sasha "wuz-robbed" of PCS, even Wylie said that
    Who cares what Wylie thinks. He is about the most annoying person in the sport. Thank god the WSF with him near the helm never got off the ground.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nymkfan51
    Sokolova ... well, what can one say.
    Cupcake

Dee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2