Agosto is injured | Golden Skate

Agosto is injured

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Does this mean they are out of the GPF? So many of the top skaters in all disciplines are injured this year....there must be something in the water. It's unfortunate because it's an Olympic year, the worst year to be injured, but at the same time many of the up and coming young skaters are getting an early chance to be noticed now that the focus is off some of the top skaters that are recovering from injuries.

As for Belbin and Agosto, their goal of reaching the Olympics seems more and more out of reach with every day that passes. Will this injury effect what little chance they have left of competing in Turin at all?

JOHIO2

Medalist
RussianBleux,

I'd say it is very unlikely that Tanith and Ben would be named to the GP Final because they only did Skate America. But since they have less to prove than others, already being the world silver medalists, it won't hurt them compared to other teams. Also, it gives Ben longer to recover and start training for US nationals and, I hope, the Olympics and World Championship. I'm still convinced that the US Congress will get around to changing the citizenship issue for Tanith ( and Max Zavosin) in time for Olympic rules.