A Special Thanks to Doggygirl | Golden Skate

A Special Thanks to Doggygirl

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
After missing Skate Canada and only catching the very last skater in the Trophee Eric Bompard Cashemere skate - I missed seeing Jeff Buttle's new program twice in a row!! However, thanks to Doggygirl I was able to see Jeff's new program on-line.

Doggygirl saved the day!!! I went to:

http://fsvids.9.forumer.com/index.php?

and downloaded a video of Jeff's program. I was absolutely thrilled. I love his new program. It is not as dramatic as last years, but watching Jeff skate is like watching Poetry in Motion. Jeff uses every beat of music and is so expressive. It will only get better each time. Well done Jeff!!

I also watched Emanuel Sandhu's program from Skate Canada. It is a very interesting program and Emanuel looks like he has improved.

Thanks again Doggygirl!

:thumbsup:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Ladskater, I am thrilled that some post(s) of mine led you at the right time to the performances you wanted to see!

That being said, I can't take any credit for this. There are many people who work in very tireless fashion at the video site to make sure the best and most current stuff is available for download. Blessings and many thanks to those folks!!!

Mean time, enjoy all of these awesome performances! Isn't it cool that we can access them through more avenues now than "just" TV?? :)

Cheers to the Oly Season!

DG

R.D.

Record Breaker
I don't frequent that forum, but I am a member there. As a video maker, I can definitely tell you that it is time-consuming. (but now, it's gotten a lot quicker that I have a new computer and a new encoding program!)

But I do something that I bet none of the posters at that forum do- I make BROADCAST quality videos in the new H.264/AVC format (which is set to be incorporated into the new HD-DVDs coming out soon). If I wanted internet quality vids, I would be there in a heartbeat. But I'm one who is picky about quality. :laugh:

I can do this and keep the file size of the video under 100MB (in most cases). It's incredible indeed.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
I don't frequent that forum, but I am a member there. As a video maker, I can definitely tell you that it is time-consuming. (but now, it's gotten a lot quicker that I have a new computer and a new encoding program!)

But I do something that I bet none of the posters at that forum do- I make BROADCAST quality videos in the new H.264/AVC format (which is set to be incorporated into the new HD-DVDs coming out soon). If I wanted internet quality vids, I would be there in a heartbeat. But I'm one who is picky about quality. :laugh:

I can do this and keep the file size of the video under 100MB (in most cases). It's incredible indeed.

Hi Red Dog:

I think you may have originally sent me the link - it was a awhile back - anyway thanks for the info. Yes, it must be time consuming and it takes a lot of patience to find a current video and download. I notice there is a time limit - 7 days and the video expires. I guess it would take up to much space other wise.

Anyway, it's a great resource if one misses the boat!!!

Thanks.:)