"Rent" the movie? | Golden Skate

"Rent" the movie?

moodringer10

Spectator
hey has anyone seen this remake yet? I saw it last nigth and thought it was terrible. No offense to the film-makers and cast but they honestly cant hold their own when versing the original cast recordings that were put out a while back. In fact i was listening to it last night, and it only seemed to get better after the movie. Thats just how i feel personally, but if anyones seen both and has the same or different opinion id love to hear it. Ta ta

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I have never seen the actual play, but have read about it and heard the soundtrack.. I saw the movie over the weekend and thought it was great.. The music and acting was really enjoyable.. It had me singing, laughing and crying...so it must of been good to me...

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm surprised by your reaction to the singing since most of the cast was in the original broadway production.

Antilles

Medalist
There was another thread started on this film, and the few of us who posted all gave positive reviews. I think the only cast member not from the broadway production was Rosario Dawson, so I don't see how the singing could possibly be inferior.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
^^Actually, Tracie Thoms who played Joanne was new too so there were actually two cast members who weren't part of the OBC. Add me to the list of folks who LOVED the movie too and thought the singing was fabulous. :rock:

Serena

Rinkside
I've seen both the Broadway production (in 2001) and the movie, and I enjoyed both- I preferred the stage version, but there were some new things in the movie, such as the ballroom number in Tango: Maureen which I loved, that wouldn't have been possible in the original.