How many medals for the USA? | Golden Skate

How many medals for the USA?

According to this article

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...,1,1075545.story?coll=sns-ap-sports-headlines

the US won 34 medals in the Salt Lake City games. The most they ever won before was 13.

At Torino they are hoping for 20. Michelle and Sasha are mentioned as possible medalists, along with Apolo Anton Ohno, Bode Miller and bobsledders Todd Hayes and Vonetta Flowers.

(If you don't want to register for the Trib, you can type "Michelle Kwan" ( :laugh: )into the Google News search engine and click on the article "USOC leader optimistic about Turin games."

Mathman :)

CDMM1991

Medalist
Thanks for the link MM. Do you think that 20 is a realistic expectation for the US?

mzheng

Record Breaker
Yeah, I think 20 is realistic. I believe there are more sports in winter game now than those years where US won 13s.

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
snowboarding

i think the u.s. should do well with medals... 20 is a realistic estimate. i can see them collecting 5 - 7 medals from the snowboarding events alone, multiple medals in the men's speedskating, several in bobsledding... skiing is tough to tell and when the best is bode miller, well, with him you can never really be too sure of anything. i'd say 3 medals from figure skating is a decent estimate for figure skating. but i don't see the u.s. pulling in over 30 medals like at salt lake.