OD - Results | Golden Skate

OD - Results

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
But you have Grebenkina & Arzoyan in 3d; at last Worlds, they were behind both Watanabe & Kido and Hoffman & Elek.

I had decided at Skate Canada that D&L would be the 2010 Olys champs but now I'm beginning to think they may just make the podium in Torino. D&L Canada, that is.

The Armenians are quite close in the PCS scoes....

Joe

JOHIO2

Medalist
Denkova and Staviski were definitely off. The whole skate looked unpolished and rough, with near misses on handholds and lack of unison. So, just how much of that was because of his injury and off-ice time?

Skating Queen

Rinkside
Country
Canada
I have not seen any of the skating so I can't really comment on that. Still, I would not have picked the Armenian team to place that high. Would be nice if they could stay there. New faces on the podium is always nice to see. Good for them.:rock:

herios

Medalist
Joesitz said:
I had decided at Skate Canada that D&L would be the 2010 Olys champs but now I'm beginning to think they may just make the podium in Torino. D&L Canada, that is.

The Armenians are quite close in the PCS scoes....

Joe

Joe

Dubreuil & Lauzon are retiring at the end of the season. They announced it on the TV, so the 2010 championship is out of questions. Undeniable, they said they would like to make the podium this year. While the Oly's were in my opinion out of reach, I thought in Calgary they will have an outside shot if 1-2 teams will not make the trip.... but so far they are doing much better than I anticipated.

So, it might happen after all.....

Herios _ Joseph

Antilles

Medalist
I love D&L, but I'm not getting my hopes up for their results at Olympics and Worlds. They typically place better in the GP that at the major events. This also reminds me of how people got really excited about B&K's chances in 2002 after winning the GPF, and we all know how well they placed at the Olympics. I will be keeping everything possible crossed for D&L though.

Saundy

On the Ice
herios said:
Joe

Dubreuil & Lauzon are retiring at the end of the season. They announced it on the TV, so the 2010 championship is out of questions. Undeniable, they said they would like to make the podium this year. While the Oly's were in my opinion out of reach, I thought in Calgary they will have an outside shot if 1-2 teams will not make the trip.... but so far they are doing much better than I anticipated.

So, it might happen after all.....

Herios _ Joseph

I thought they had changed their minds and they are NOT retiring after this season? I'm sure I heard this somewhere a short time ago, but I am probably wrong...

rain

Record Breaker
I'm thrilled for D/L. I've been a fan of theirs for a number of years - they have the best lifts in the world - and I adored their FS when I saw it from Skate Canada. The OD has always been one of their weak points - though I have to say I loved last year's Singing in the Rain - a classic - though they didn't skate it well at worlds. I really liked their First Nations tribute last year as well. Here's hoping, though they always seem to get better results in the GP than they're allowed at Worlds, or Olympics for that matter. It looks like top five could be within reason this season and I'm thrilled. A medal at the Olympics is beyond my wildest expectations, but would be the best surprise.