Stefan Lindenmann (spoilers) | Golden Skate

Stefan Lindenmann (spoilers)

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
I just heard from the COR coverage that the German Olympic Comm. has made a requirement for their skaters to palce at top 6 at each assigned GP event in order to qualify fort the Olympics (talk about being unfair!). Since Stefan had a disaster of a performance at NHK, does it mean we won't see him at the Olympic games?? Would there even be a German man competitor?

Yana

nicole_l

Final Flight
That's ridiculous considering Lindemann's record a few years back. I hope that they reconsider as he'd probably place in the top 12.

Did they say in each of the GP events? I heard it as, in a GP event, in which case his 4th at Cup of Russia would be enough.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
well, it wasn't clear to me, but the way I understood it is "each". I hope I am wrong - it would be an outrage if Stefan is not allowed to go to the Olympics. I still wonder what happened at NHK, for him to finish last at each phase.

I think Germans and French federations have the most strict requirements for a skater to go to major international competitions. You would think a skater would benefit from more exposure...

Anybody taped it and could clarify the issue? Thanks,

Yana

tdnuva

On the Ice
I also did not understand 100% what the requirements about the grand prix were. But usually they also have something about a certain placement at euros as last decision.

ATW27

On the Ice
I could have sworn that they said on the ESPN2 broadcast that he needed to place 6th in one of his assignments. I could be wrong.

Andy W.

soogar

Record Breaker
cleopatra20042004 said:
Yeah I heard that too. But who else would Germany send if he doesnt go?

They wouldn't send anyone.

However rest assured that Stefan is going to the Olympics.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
He had to place in the top 6 at one of his GP events and top 10 at Euros, or, alternately, top 11 at Euros. Same as the Beiers.

The requirements for pairs were different; they had to place in the top 8 to qualify.