Vote on NBC site for figure skating | Golden Skate

Vote on NBC site for figure skating

cborsky

Rinkside
Hey Everyone,

I just came across this poll on the NBC site. I don't know if they will consider the results of it in their programming schedule, but I didn't think it would hurt to try and bring up the popularity of figure skating. Can you believe that curling is currently winning?

It's on the bottom right corner of the page: http://www.wnbc.com/olympics2006/index.

Vash01

Medalist
I can't believe this! Right now Curling has a lot more votes than FS and other sports.

Vash

Vash01 said:
I can't believe this! Right now Curling has a lot more votes than FS and other sports.
What do you expect from a country in which poker tournaments is the most popular sport on TV, online, and anyplace people can get either gamble legally or illegally?

After ABC's figure skating contract expires, I think figure skating will be lucky if USN and Worlds are aired.

That is, unfortunately, what I truly expect.:frown:

Rgirl

heyang

Record Breaker
Cross Country Skiing beats FS'ing? That's the equivalent of watching the marathon on TV to me.

R.D.

Record Breaker
This is a LOCAL TV station site, not the NBC olympics site. So I think it's just a very informal poll.

I think the scandal is what jacked up interest in skating last time. I'm almost sure the ratings will be lower in 06 (unless there is some juicy story or something). But not as low as US nats or Worlds- the Olympics ALWAYS has a large audience no matter what the sport it seems.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Voted. Biathlon is first, Curling is second.

Dee

FreeKatie

On the Ice
It must be a Canadian station, cuz I sure know I don't want to watch people sweep ice!!

tripleflutz

On the Ice
This is the problem with polls that allow people to vote more than once. There is obviously a small but determined group of people that are voting over, and over, and over etc. for curling. Right now curling has 12 times as many votes as figure skating which makes no sense at all. Ya gotta be brain dead to believe that.

SingAlto

On the Ice
I can't believe that cross country skiing has gotten so many votes. For me, watching that would be completely snooze-inducing. :eek:hwell:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Curling is a wonderful sport to watch. But I suspect that a few curling clubs got their membership to weigh in.

Jhar55

Medalist
Curling is one of the task on Amazing Race, it will be on next week.
Skating fans need to get in and vote more than once....:laugh:

JOHIO2

Medalist
Hey, nobody's voted for snowboarding! I thought those guys doing halfpipe were the most entertaining non-fs athletes at the last winter olym. Maybe I should go back and give that a vote!

Well, now I know why they've got no votes.....they're not on the ballot!

Last edited: