Article: Sale Interview about SLC, Touring, and Her Upcoming Wedding | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Article: Sale Interview about SLC, Touring, and Her Upcoming Wedding

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I edited the thread title here for two reasons....

1. Its misleading....read the actual article and you'll find out how misleading. If a few people had actually read the article, this thread wouldn't be four pages long. ;)

2. Its my birthday today darn it and I'm tired of reading that misleading thread title on a board I visit multiple times a day. And for the record, we are still watching several of you in this thread because it's gotten perilously close to having to be closed due to rule infractions. Consider this your warning. Carry on. :agree:

S

SkateFan4Life

Honestly, who cares about Sale and Pelletier's upcoming wedding? Haven't they been living together for a number of years? So, really, perhaps it's about time that they got married - duh. Why make a big deal about it?

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
SkateFan4Life-Did you even read this article?! Its not just about one thing or another here. Some reporter asked Jamie a bunch of questions and she answered them and then they guy wrote an article about it. A big deal wasn't made of their wedding, it was just something else that was talked about in the interview. :scratch:

I am so exasperated by this thread in its entirety that I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. I'm convinced a lot of people here have not even read this article which has to be frustrating to someone who DID read it and might want to actually discuss something related to it. Are most of you done getting the yearly venting and bashing out now because this thread isn't really serving a purpose anymore. Let's let this one go and head into the holidays in better spirits, okay?! :rock:

JOHIO2-Thank you for the birthday wishes! :)

Alsace

On the Ice
Sale's shoulder

So, to open other discussion areas about the article, does anyone know what is wrong with Jamie's shoulder?

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
She's subluxed (dislocated) it a few times over the last few years (the most recent being right around the time of the Mariposa Gala) and needs to have surgury in May to repair the damage. She's been taking extra good care of it and doing extra exercises to protect it throughout this season. Apparently, their programs were designed with different types of lifts and moves so as to protect it a little better too. You can read her posts about her shoulder at their message board or on their official website because she has talked about it this summer and last season (she actually did this during the SOI tour last year too, her and Dave left their cold spots out of the show for a week or two while she recovered last season). Here is the url in case anyone wants to read more about her injury or anything else in their journal entries..... http://www.sale-pelletier.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

She's doing pretty great on the skating front with not having a shoulder at 100% right now IMO. :rock:

As I said this entire thread did nothing more than to reopen the wounds of the fans of Pairs Skating in SLC. I realize it is not easy to move on but there is nothing more one can do.

There are many instances when a clearly 'best' skater has not won a competition because of mistakes. I think Janet Lynn should have won over the gal with good figures but Janet made mistakes. I had to get over it. I did the next day.

The SLC skate in addition to judges' opinions was also riddled with a cheating judge which made the entire competition suffer from skepticism on both sides.

Joe.

Kelly22

Rinkside
SkateFan4Life said:
Honestly, who cares about Sale and Pelletier's upcoming wedding? Haven't they been living together for a number of years? So, really, perhaps it's about time that they got married - duh. Why make a big deal about it?

Obviously some people do. If you dislike S &P, why do you read this thread? To post comments about an article that you clearly didn't read (at least analytically) is ridiculous.

Be happy...move on!

S

SkateFan4Life

Kelly22 said:
Obviously some people do. If you dislike S &P, why do you read this thread? To post comments about an article that you clearly didn't read (at least analytically) is ridiculous.

Be happy...move on!

I'll post whatever I wish to post, and if that comes across as ridiculous, that's just too bad. I am entitled to express an opinion if I wish, so leave it, OK?

I'm not the only one who isn't exactly thrilled with the over-rated S & P.

And with that, I'm finished with this particular thread. :banging: