Sasha's Wilson R&J | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Sasha's Wilson R&J

scuttlebutt99

Rinkside
Red Dog

" can't emphasize enough the point of people jumping at Sasha being the US Champion. Just watch her lose this one (again)...

Hold the celebration parade, please...

I guarantee you MK isn't done yet.

Even if she is...SC is far from scoring the touchdown (i.e. bagging this one up). She could still fumble (i.e. fall, stumble, two-foot)."

Wishful thinking on your part, Red Dog. I assume Sasha falling or failing is very important to you. I wonder why?

Scuttlebutt, welcome and thanks for posting.

Don't mind Red Dog. He is not singling out Sasha to pick on. RD is an equal opportunity critic -- he picks on everybody will equal elan, LOL. This thread just happens to be about Sasha.

Mathman :)

kyla2

Final Flight
Michelle/Sasha

Michelle is not fat and Sasha is not anorexic. However, Michelle probably weighs more than she did 8 months ago and Sasha probably weighs slightly less than she did 8 months ago. Let's give them both a break. I wish I looked like either one of them.

R.D.

Record Breaker
scuttlebutt99 said:
Wishful thinking on your part, Red Dog. I assume Sasha falling or failing is very important to you. I wonder why?

MM has got it. I just don't hand out compliments like no other :laugh:

But interesting observation, because many posters here have told me the opposite. in a way I'm actually glad someone doesn't follow the herd ;) :laugh:

In all seriousness, though, why would I want Cohen to fail? Just because I say I THINK she is going to fall doesn't mean I WANT her to fall. I just feel that she isn't good enough at this point to really challenge Slutskaya. But that doesn't mean that circumstances can't change. I try not to count anyone out.

screech

Final Flight
Sasha's journal is updated and she mentions her new choreography, however she mentions not DAVID Wilson as fixing up the choreo, but MARK Wilson.

I have been working with Mark Wilson in Toronto on some choreography.
Anyone know anything about this dude? Or did she just give David an alias?

orchid said:
Aren't you implying/expecting that COP judging will be biased? I
I think the judges try to do the best they can, but they are only human. I do think that skaters with a long track record of outstanding performances get the benefit of the doubt in GOEs and PCSs in a close contest.

Plus, a great champion like Michelle has such outstanding basics that even an average performance will put her ahead of competitors like Alissa or Bebe who are still developing their craft.

What I don't think, though, is that there will be any kind of predetermined conspiracy to hold up Michelle or Sasha if they don't skate well.

If anyone wants to be U.S. Champion, they will have to do what Michelle has done 9 times in the past decade -- skate for it!

MM :)

Lanie

On the Ice
Re: Sasha's journal I think she just makes general statements and the webmaster spiffs them up a bit/changes things/etc. He has been wrong very often so I think it's just a booboo on his part.

fscric

On the Ice
Lanie said:
Re: Sasha's journal I think she just makes general statements and the webmaster spiffs them up a bit/changes things/etc. He has been wrong very often so I think it's just a booboo on his part.

But if Sasha has got the name right in the first place, why would the webmaster change the name? Should they have at least the courtesy to verify something like this before putting the journal on the net? He's not just anybody, he's the new choreographer who the skating world is anxious to know about.

R.D.

Record Breaker
fscric said:
But if Sasha has got the name right in the first place, why would the webmaster change the name? Should they have at least the courtesy to verify something like this before putting the journal on the net? He's not just anybody, he's the new choreographer who the skating world is anxious to know about.

ITA with you, but it seems that overall, that website is poorly managed. There have been numerous mistakes on that site that have been reported by fans. Not to mention broken links, etc.

gracefulswan

On the Ice
screech said:
Sasha's journal is updated and she mentions her new choreography, however she mentions not DAVID Wilson as fixing up the choreo, but MARK Wilson.

a source at FSU says that mark is david...one and the same person. i think his name is david mark wilson....

kyla2 said:
Michelle is not fat and Sasha is not anorexic. However, Michelle probably weighs more than she did 8 months ago and Sasha probably weighs slightly less than she did 8 months ago. Let's give them both a break. I wish I looked like either one of them.
You took me seriously? The main thrust of that was all about 'so what?'.

If I were being serious, I would have made a statement that MK hasn't been training for some time and therefore gained a few pounds, and conversely, Sasha who has been going gangbusters to win this coming Olys has been training very hard and even had her program altered by a master and lost a pound of two due to excessive energy.

Again, I say: So what?

Joe

screech said:

I think this question has been answered by those replying above. Wilson has gotten a lot of busines because of Joannie and Jeff last season. I know this season, in addition to the two mentioned, he has choreographed for Debreuil and Lazon; Oda; Ando, and doctored Sasha's.

His choreography is very intricate and musical - not easy for most skaters, and some I menioned above have a tough time with it.

Are there any other skarers (teams) he has worked with this season?

Joe

georgia

On the Ice
So the odds are maybe 4 to 1 that she will commit some kind of error in either her short or her long. Doesn't mean it will DEFINITELY happen, but the odds are so overwhelmingly against her being completely clean...you know what I mean?
Jeffry Butler makes mistakes but he wins most of the competition he enters.
Give Sasha and her fans the chance to celebrate. It will not cost you any money. I promise.
Every skater has a chance but Sasha has the most at this time. Just accept it.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Red Dog said:
In all seriousness, though, why would I want Cohen to fail? Just because I say I THINK she is going to fall doesn't mean I WANT her to fall. I just feel that she isn't good enough at this point to really challenge Slutskaya. But that doesn't mean that circumstances can't change. I try not to count anyone out.
Now you're talking Red Dog!! It's hard to understand what you mean at times but I still like you anyhow. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

PS The plasma is on its way.

OT, but have you guys noticed all the play that Sasha is getting out of her Citizens Watch TV ad? ("Unstoppable? Sasha Cohen is!")

It has been shown (both the extended and abbreviated version) on prime time network TV several times lately. Over the weekend it was shown on a football game, and last night it was on the Amazing Race. :agree:

MM:)

Eeyora

Final Flight
Lanie said:

Remember last year when her journal said she portraying Cara in the nutcracker.:laugh:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Unless you're Gelsey Kirkland and are acting out advanced Oedipal complex with Baryshnikov and Sasha Minsk :)