Ever had a DVT? | Golden Skate

Ever had a DVT?

Longhornliz

Final Flight
or a blood clot in your legs? I think I have one, even though I'm like the opposite of the typical patient who presents with one. I havent had a proceedure, I'm 23, and have no family history of them.

I'm going to the doctor first thing tomorrow to get it looked at. I hope that I'm just psyching myself out over nothing because my health insurance expires on the 31st.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Liz, what makes you think that you have a blood clot? Good luck at the doctor's tomorrow. Let us know what happens..........crossing my fingers........42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it runs in my family, everytime I get a cramp or I bang my knee and end up with a bump I freak :laugh:

simple blood test will figure it out for ya... and then meds if you test positive... my g'ma and uncle both have it and no major problems (g'ma has other health issues that it bothers but she is fine)

good luck at the drs. keep us updated!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
That worries me. Are you sure you shouldn't go now. Those blood clots can be deadly. If it gets near vital parts, your a goner. I think I would get me to an emergency room right now. There are a few people that have lots of medical knowledge on this forum. Hoping they will answer right away. Praying for you.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I went to the doc this morning, and she gave me a doppler sonogram. She doesnt think I have a clot because my pulse is fine and my blood pressure is normal. She said it may be a femoral hernia. She'll look at my tests and call me tomorrow.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Glad you took care of it, Liz. You can't be too careful with your health.....42

Kasey

Medalist
Glad that you don't have a DVT, they can be dangerous.

Something that can be helpful, if you are ever going to travel for a distance, either by car or plane, you may want to take an aspirin a day for about four or five days prior...helps thin the blood.

23 year olds can get DVTs...if you are a smoker, or on birth control pills (or worse, both) you are more susceptible.

If ever you notice intense pain in your calf when walking without some reason for injury, get checked right away. (actually, a lot of DVTs can occur in the pelvic area as well, but the calf ones are more easily noted).

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kasey said:
If ever you notice intense pain in your calf when walking without some reason for injury, get checked right away. (actually, a lot of DVTs can occur in the pelvic area as well, but the calf ones are more easily noted).

ok the drs. here do a blood test... is that the only way to check for the blood clots because it sounds like there's a less painful way :scratch: I am not into needles and that's one of the reasons I haven't tested (our dr said because dad doesn't have it and my 1st cousin and her dad don't have it, chances are most likely that I don't have it... dad and I both suffer from pains in the legs from time to time though so I am very confused by the whole thing...) I know I should get tested, and once the new family health insurrance kicks in I have no choice but to be tested (gotta love a parent in the med field, eh? LOL)

good to know that it's something different... or at least it looks that way... keeping you in my prayers! :agree: