Ladies Free from TV | Golden Skate

Ladies Free from TV

Fumie -- landed all her jumps, looked pretty. But I don't like this kind of program (Rach #2) so much for her. IMHO she does better with more spirited music.

Miki -- two falls took her out of contention. She looked tired. But the extra artistry that we saw in her last performance was still there. I think she's the one to watch at Torino.

Carolina -- She has a kind of long-legged springy skip over the ice that I find a little distracting. I wish she would get down into her knees more. She has a long ways to go to get back to where she was at Worlds last year. Weird choreography (Kurt Browning) IMO.

Yukari -- Excellent performance. Brava! Came close on the triple Axel, otherwise a clean and precise program. I liked her choreogrphy the best. Leg wrap a little off-putting, but nobbody's perfect. Does she look a little like Ann-Patrice McDonough? Loved her emotion in the kiss and cry, whern she won by fractions of a point.

Kimmie -- Coming along nicely. Tried to be a little more "mature" with her "Queen of Sheba" program, with mixed results. Too many small mistakes -- turn-outs, etc. -- to get the scores she needs. Czisny will have to skate clean at U.S. nationals to beat her, triple Axel or not.

Just my opinion, of course.

MM :)

Last edited:

waxel

Final Flight
Carolina continues to suggest the World bronze was a fluke. She just doesn't do it for me. Kimmie still has a lot to show me... and Lori Nichol's ersatz middle-Eastern choreography isn't helping her.

With Michelle in trouble, neither Kimmie nor Emily really pouring it on, and Alisa showing some signs of old bad habits (at Marshall's anyway)... what does this mean for Ladies at Nats????????????????

Too bad for Kimmie. she did a workman like job with that theme and her skate had its moments. I think her comparison with Miki is warranted and arguable, but, of couse, I now see Miki as more of an Oly contender. Good competition in NHK.

Joe

waxel

Final Flight
I see exciting improvement in Miki's skating this season. The short program is really lovely.

I absolutely can't freakin' believe I missed this!

I can I tell you're all wrong when I haven't even seen the things with which to make my arguments.:p

Man, I hate when this happens.

REPEAT ON 12/18--says Heather's schedule! You're not safe yet!

BTW, I read someplace else that a lot of the emotion in the K&C for the Japanese has to do with the way the JF will choose its Olympic team, NHK, other GP events, and GPF having a great deal to do with it. Not that Yukari wouldn't have been bawling anyway, but when going or not going to the Olympics depends on fractions of a point at a certain event, let's just say my eyes wouldn't be the only place my bodily waters from which would a' flowin'.

Rgirl