Which sport are you most looking forward to watch besides figure skating? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Which sport are you most looking forward to watch besides figure skating?

sk8er1964

On the Ice
mzheng said:
Besides the figure skating. I'll watch all of them when it's on. I promise not switch the channel, except Hocky and Curling. :rock:

Now, mzheng - curling is rather interesting in that "lets slow down while driving to see who the cop's pulled over" kind of way ;) .

(Actually, I have watched it on Canadian tv, and it really isn't bad to watch. Bowling comes to mind as an American version of curling on tv -- can't think of a European comparable. Maybe snooker?)

Matt

On the Ice
I am an Olympics junkie...

ergo, I shall be watching everything, Opening and Closing ceremonies included :rock:

Matt

On the Ice
Matt said:
ergo, I shall be watching everything, Opening and Closing ceremonies included :rock:

Which if you think about it (considering how many countries are in the Olympic movement), may not be a sport, but a small engineering feat in and of itself :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

76olympics

On the Ice
what is the upside down on a sled down the curvy course called?:laugh: It was just resurrected after many years absence in the last Winter games and the American grandson of a medal winner in the sport medaled with a picture of grandpa tucked into his pants! I really liked that-exciting to watch!

I like watching all of them (even Curling) but the one that interests me most is Downhill Skiing and this year has Bode Miller who will be most interesting if goes to the top alcoholess,.

Joe

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
76olympics said:
what is the upside down on a sled down the curvy course called?:laugh: It was just resurrected after many years absence in the last Winter games and the American grandson of a medal winner in the sport medaled with a picture of grandpa tucked into his pants! I really liked that-exciting to watch!
I think you mean the skeleton.

I'm most looking forward to curling and ski-jumping.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I love it all! I also love the dramatic backstory sagas of the athletes. Seems like every night there is some competitor that has overcome huge adversity to get there and it gives me the shivers.

Alpine, bobsled and luge, along with ski jumping are my favs.

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
Ravyn Rant said:
I love the Winter Games. Whoot! Can't wait!
xoxo
Rave

I'm with you Ravyn Rant. I love the games too! I am just an all-round sports fan and will be happy just to see Canada kick some international butt!!!:rock: :rock:

Jhar55

Medalist
I love watching all of it, but skating comes first then bobsled, luge, skelton.
Would love to ride a bobsled someday that would be so fun. Don't want to drive or be the brake man just sit in the middle and go for the ride. :biggrin:

Justafan

On the Ice
Speed skating because one of our hometown (Houston) guys (Hedrick) is expected to do well, and downhill skiing...should be great this year. Also looking forward to watching short track skating. I like to watch almost all of it except luge, biathlon, and curling. I even watched the combined nordic today.

millie

Medalist
I LOVE the Curling. You know I have to cheer for the Canadian home town boys.:chorus: :chorus:

Johar

Medalist
Ski jumping, downhill skiing and snowboard are my favorites, but I like all of the Winter Games sports.

nghtvsn

Rinkside
I enjoy the downhill, slalom, combined, halfpipe, moguls, snowcross, ski jump, some speed skating and short track and of course figure skating. I'm not to interested in the hockey, curling, nor the ski/gun biathon or whatever it is.