Another Volcano wants to blow... | Golden Skate

Another Volcano wants to blow...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ok so this is nothing new in Alaska... we had Mt. Spur all summer trying to freak us out and then it spit up not even a small cloud of ash and was done

now we have Mt. Augustine which is a bit further out saying it wants to blow...

ash could still get in as far as Anchorage, which means the family is on high alert... any news of it blowing and I'm in lockdown :laugh: I hate my allergy!

Don't overly freak if it makes the news... I know Spur freaked out a bunch of people, and I love that everyone cares... but this is something that happens A LOT and this is a further away danger, so I am not overly worried... Now if I were in Kenai I might let you worry ;)

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Good Luck, Toni. We got the tail end of Mt. St. Helen's back in '80 & went around for a week with big red handkerchiefs tied over our noses & mouths. Very strange driving around town. Everyone you passed look liked a bandit!!

heyang

Record Breaker
Vanuatu erupted recently, too - I believe one of the Survivor's was filmed there.

My biggest concern with these eruptions at present is because of a National Geographic show I watched called the mini-ice age. It's an after effect of global warming. The average temperature of the northern parts of Europe and North America decreased dramatically, which resulted in war and famine depending on the severity.

Here's a link

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/11/1130_051130_ice_age.html