Who's a Couple? | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Who's a Couple?

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
Somehow I've always thought that there was an inherent homophobia in the idea that it is okay to wonder who a straight guy is dating but it is not okay to wonder if a guy is straight. By saying that we shouldn't wonder who Johnny sleeps with because it is his business and then asking if Evan is still dating Jenny aren't you implying that Johnny, unlike Evan, has something to hide? That's the way I have always seen it. I think that if you are going to acknowledge it as ok to discuss the romantic life of a man dating a woman than it is just as ok to discuss the romantic life of a man dating a man. I never saw the difference between wondering if Bob was dating Sue or if Bob was dating Joe.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Theatregirl1122 said:
Somehow I've always thought that there was an inherent homophobia in the idea that it is okay to wonder who a straight guy is dating but it is not okay to wonder if a guy is straight. By saying that we shouldn't wonder who Johnny sleeps with because it is his business and then asking if Evan is still dating Jenny aren't you implying that Johnny, unlike Evan, has something to hide? That's the way I have always seen it. I think that if you are going to acknowledge it as ok to discuss the romantic life of a man dating a woman than it is just as ok to discuss the romantic life of a man dating a man. I never saw the difference between wondering if Bob was dating Sue or if Bob was dating Joe.

I've always found it different if the issue is actual relationship (Bob dating Sue or Bob dating Joe) as opposed to generalized statement of sexual orientation. In other words, I think that the idea that " _____ is gay" or "___ is straight" is idiotic, as though they are trying to "make points" for their orientation alone, but when they are publicly seen with whoever their partner might be, then there is a relationship.

I've always found that 12 y.o. girls and boys never made any decision as to whether they would be gay or straight. It's God's will and there is no two ways about it. Science is leaning to that belief now with recent studies.

Joe

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
Cal Girl said:
FYI - Amber Corwin is gay

Really? So where did you find this out?

Moderator note: Do NOT board drag! Do not post external links to sites with "questionable" material (or to start rumors).

Last edited by a moderator: