World Team Challenge on Oxygen | Page 2 | Golden Skate

World Team Challenge on Oxygen

waxel

Final Flight
Oksana continues her ghoulish performances. Maria B. should stay in Russia, where apparently she is a celebrity. She should not compete. Even in a lightweight fluff competition she can't deliver.

However, B&S's pairs technical program was beautiful and S&P's artistic program was mesmerizing. I love that they are obviously pushing each other (as was also evidenced in the otherwise drab 2005 SOI tour).

Now. Kurt Browning. I hate cutesy, gimmicky skating. And I detest clowns. But that program, and that performance was pretty darn hard to beat. Superb!

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I was very annoyed with Jamie Salle's dancing during the first warmup. I nominate her for the worst sportsman in the history of skating.

Definitely agree that to make a blanket statement like that here, you better back it up with something more than just a random dig at the person. IMO, dancing in a warmup does NOT make someone a bad sportsman. Unless you are plowing other people down in your warmup, its very hard to be unsportsmanlike in a warmup because its just there for you to get loose and get used to the ice. Whatever you choose to do for that is your periogative as long as you don't distract anyone else and she wasn't even around anyone out on the ice, she was near the boards. How on earth you got to that conclusion you posted is completely beyond me. It looked to me like she was done warming up and decided to cut loose and have some fun. What's wrong and unsportsmanlike about that?! Geesh. That girl can't even have fun and dance a little without someone acting like she's killed their dog or something. :sheesh:

ITA Kwanfan 1212 - Warmups are for whatever a skater needs to warm themselves, and one often sees boxers dancing around their corner to warm up.

Joe