Oda -- The Scott Hamilton of Japan? | Golden Skate

Oda -- The Scott Hamilton of Japan?

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Japan's Nobonari Oda is a real charmer &, IMO, is potentially the 'next-great' male figure skating entertainer, following inthe blades of Browning & (esp.) Hamilton. I just saw his 2004 Super Mario SP from another site &, of course, have enjoyed his current Figaro SP. WOW! Is he a natural or what??? What instinct! What timing! What projection! What musicality! Oh, yeah -- and he also has some spiffy technique to go along with the showmanship. Pure Hamilton.

If anything, I'm hoping for Oda to be the single-men's representative of Japan at the '06 Olympics just to hear Scott's opinion of this Asian Scott Hamilton. As much as I also love Dai Takahashi...

p.s. I'm old enough to have followed Scott from pre-1980 days and, believe me, I see & feel in Nobunari Oda the same vibes that I felt way back when in Scotty. Mr. Entertainment & Mr. Sincerity.

Any other Oda admirers out there?

emma

Record Breaker
This season is the first I have seen Oda, and boy oh boy do I love watching this guy skate...you are right, he has such charm/personality and musicality and technique...he's just :love: Wow!

I do actually feel so bad for the Japanese men...I mean I wish they had three berths this season. Whoever goes to Olympics, it will be very interesting to watch (I really like Takahashi too, and have always respected Honda--feeling sad for him right now). Regardless, I almost can't wait for next season to see what Oda brings one!