Does Daria Grinkova compete? | Golden Skate

Does Daria Grinkova compete?

Johar

Medalist
With parents like Sergei and Ekaterina, she sure has good skating genes! If she competes, what is her ranking?

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I would love to see her get into pairs, if jumping is not a strong point for her. She did a tiny pairs sort of thing with Paul Wylie in a skating special. That was really cute. Maybe with Fedor Andreev. He is the son of G&G's choreographer, which is cool. :)

Don't get me wrong, whatever she wants is fine with me. :)

babyoscar

On the Ice
daria

she is in juvenile this year, i believe someone said she missed submitting her paperwork in for regionals, so we won't see her anymore competition wise until summer/fall 06 rolls around.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
CzarinaAnya said:
I would love to see her get into pairs, if jumping is not a strong point for her. She did a tiny pairs sort of thing with Paul Wylie in a skating special. That was really cute. Maybe with Fedor Andreev. He is the son of G&G's choreographer, which is cool. :)

Don't get me wrong, whatever she wants is fine with me. :)

IIRC she has skated pairs with a boy from her rink a few years back.. not sure if she still skates pairs or not...

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
These Katia quotes from latest IFS magazine was posted on Ilia forum:

"It is also a lot of fun to be able to skate in a show with Daria." "I am so proud of her, Ilia has really been the one who has trained her the past few years and now we have to see where Daria will go from here."

heyang

Record Breaker
Daria will have to really love skating as she rises up in the ranks. She's going to come under a lot of scrutiny as the child of G&G and stepdaugher of Kulik - that's 3 Oly medals and several other World and European and Russian titles. It's more pressure than any other competitor will face at the 'bottom' rungs.

I'm sure she's better off with Ilia's coaching than Mom's. I think it's harder to have Mom as a teacher than Dad. It's just somehow easier to separate parenting and coaching for Dad.

Elizaveta also has skating genes, too. I wonder if she's toddling around the ice.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
heyang said:
Elizaveta also has skating genes, too. I wonder if she's toddling around the ice.

Yes, Liza has great skating genes coming from Katia and Ilia. I hope that she has also jumping genes from him...

I remember having seen a posting about Ilia teaching Liza to skate and another earlier one where Katia was having fun on the ice with Liza. Both postings were from early this year. The second posting mentions that the poster was frequently on Newington rink and "it is a pleasure to watch Ilia. He coaches a couple skaters occasionally and skates with his daughter (who looks just like him) often".

tripleflutz

On the Ice
DARIA GRINKOVA on TV!!!!

Daria skated in Kristi Yamaguchi's Friends & Family show in Albany, NY

It will be broadcast on DEC 31, on NBC, 4-6 pm

CDMM1991

Medalist
tripleflutz said:
Daria skated in Kristi Yamaguchi's Friends & Family show in Albany, NY

It will be broadcast on DEC 31, on NBC, 4-6 pm

Thanks for the heads up tripleflutz [love that username :laugh: ]. I'll try to remember to VCR Alert that one!

rjulie510

Rinkside
Can you imagine what kind of pressure Daria will have to deal with if she goes into pairs? She is the only child of the greatest pair skaters of all time, G & G. I'm sure Ilia is a great coach for her since right now she's skating singles. Ilia has some of the finest jump techniques and very strong basic skating overall. I wish her well. I have seen her few times on TV, and she's adorable skater who knows how to perform

babyoscar

On the Ice
Daria

Someone else is coaching Daria right now, the name escapes me. according to an article or something i read earlier this year, it was said by katia and ilia it is hard to discipline a child both at home and on ice. so they take the route of being parents and leaving the coaching to someone else.

Kati

On the Ice
babyoscar said:
Someone else is coaching Daria right now, the name escapes me. according to an article or something i read earlier this year, it was said by katia and ilia it is hard to discipline a child both at home and on ice. so they take the route of being parents and leaving the coaching to someone else.

The latest issue of Blades on Ice says that Daria is coached by Viktor Petrenko by now. It's nice since he was such a close friend to Katia and Sergei. I'm sure Ilia will give her some advice, too. They all train at the same rink.
And it really would be fun if Daria and Artur junior would be a team!!

Kati

On the Ice
Kati said:
The latest issue of Blades on Ice says that Daria is coached by Viktor Petrenko by now. It's nice since he was such a close friend to Katia and Sergei. I'm sure Ilia will give her some advice, too. They all train at the same rink.
And it really would be fun if Daria and Artur junior would be a team!!

As Jaana told me, and I just checked from BOI, too: Daria is coached by VLADIMIR Petrenko, Viktor's younger brother, not Viktor himself.
Kati

babyoscar

On the Ice
Victor Petrenko

Victor Petrenko doesn't train at Simsbury anymore, he is up in NJ right now along with Galina and his wife, Nina.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Kati said:
As Jaana told me, and I just checked from BOI, too: Daria is coached by VLADIMIR Petrenko, Viktor's younger brother, not Viktor himself.
Kati

That's cool. This is such a family sport :)

Jennifer Lyon

On the Ice
babyoscar said:
Victor Petrenko doesn't train at Simsbury anymore, he is up in NJ right now along with Galina and his wife, Nina.

Is Viktor's daughter, Viktoria, still competing? IIRC, she was competing at the prepreliminary level last year.