Does Daria Grinkova compete? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Does Daria Grinkova compete?

babyoscar

On the Ice
Victoria

i have no idea, i didn't see her name list this year. she might still have just skating for fun.

Jhar55

Medalist
If she did / does compete is she competing for the US or Russia? I am sure she could for which one she'd choose. And I agree she'd be nit pick on every move.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Jennifer Lyon said:
Is Viktor's daughter, Viktoria, still competing? IIRC, she was competing at the prepreliminary level last year.
I noticed Viktoria/Victoria Petrenko's name in one pre-prelim. level competition in New York City this past season.

Jhar55 said:
If she did / does compete is she competing for the US or Russia?
Daria Grinkova has competed at the Juvenile level in the US Figure Skating (USFS) system for the past 2 seasons (the USFS competitive/qualifying levels, from lowest to highest, go: Juvenile, Intermediate, Novice, Junior, Senior). If she continues to compete next season, she will have to move up to Intermediate because she has now aged out of Juvenile (she will turn 14 later this year). However, it's too early to say whether or not she will be considered a "contendor" at her level unless she can learn a double axel or triples and land them somewhat consistently in competition. Hopefully she is having fun skating, enjoying the process, and not concerning herself too much with competitive results at this stage.

Probably the most accomplished "child of Russian Olympic skaters" in the U.S. currently is 12-year-old Ksenia Makarova, daughter of Oleg Makarov and Larissa Selezneva, the 1984 Olympic bronze medalists in pairs for the Soviet Union. Makarova qualified for the 2006 U.S. Intermediate National Championships this past season (among the top 36 in the country at her skill/test level). I believe her planned jumps included double axel, triple salchow and triple loop, but she wasn't able to skate her best during the qualifying round and did not advance to the final round there.