Dick Button to host daily 'Olympic Ice' TV show, USA network (NBC affiliate) | Golden Skate

Dick Button to host daily 'Olympic Ice' TV show, USA network (NBC affiliate)

Frau Muller

Final Flight

I've just posted this on 'The Edge' forum, as Dick Button is a favorite topic (pro & con) there. Also posting here.

Dick Button has signed-on to be part of the NBC figure-skating team, so we'll be seeing & hearing a lot from this 'grand old sage' of skating, come February. According to Heather's TV site, which I've confirmed on the USA Network page, Dick will be hosting a daily one-hour show titled 'Olympic Ice,' between 6 - 7 pm, EST, on the NBC-affiliate cable network, USA. The show will run daily, Feb 11/26.

An early Xmas present of sorts for those of us who greatly admire this 'grand old sage' of American figure skating. :rock:

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I'm surprised his contract with ABC permits this. Maybe he doesnt plan on commentating past this season?

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Longhornliz said:
I'm surprised his contract with ABC permits this. Maybe he doesnt plan on commentating past this season?

I believe that as a freelancer he can do whatever the heck he wants to do. He is just an occassional commentator for ABC nowadays...not the lone or leading commentator, as he was for many years. Notice that, even in the Men's events at Nationals, Dick was a secondary commentator. Kurt Browning was the lead & announced as such at the start of the Men's SPs program.

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States

That's neat-:)