CD's you have bought recently. | Golden Skate

CD's you have bought recently.

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
So what has everyone been listening to recently- as in new CD's? They don't have to be ones that like just came out, but anything you have bought recently. I broke down and bought three the other day, I guess it was my early Christmas present to myself since I have been so good this year. ;)

Anyway here is the rundown of new picks:
  • the Arcade Fire "Funeral."
  • Mando Diao "Hurricane Bar."
  • Emiliana Torrini "Love in the Time of Science."
  • Imogen Heap "Speak for Yourself."

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bryan Adams - Anthology
Michael Buble - It's Time
America - The Boston Pops

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Strangely enough, I recently bought the soundtrack to "Walk the Line". I have never been a big fan of country music, but after watching this Johnny Cash bio I found myself singing all of the songs for 2 weeks. Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon perform all of the songs, and I must say I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Never in a million years would I have imagined myself jamming down the interstate to "Ring of Fire".....:biggrin:

Antilles

Medalist
Bronze, I just downloaded two of Cash's songs from iTunes. I heard lots of him growing up, as my Dad is a big fan, but Walk the Line got me in the mood for his music. He's all the rage again. I was just in a pub where they were playing lots of his music.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
:biggrin: .....great to hear I am not the only newly converted Johnny Cash fan, Antilles. I absolutely love the song "It Ain't Me, Babe" for some reason. I am actually singing it now.............

Johar

Medalist
Two days ago I ordered the soundtrack from Cat People, to replace my old cassett tape that I bought in 1989.:laugh:

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
I have been getting very much into indie and alternative rock music lately. Franz Ferdinand, Mando Diao, the Arcade Fire, the Sahara Hotnights, etc. :rock:

Jhar55

Medalist
Trish Yearwood waste of money.
I am waiting for the new Josh Turner CD due out in January

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
Awww, sorry to hear you wasted your money. I have done that more times than I would like to wish I have in the past. I have to say the new Lindsay Lohan CD is not-that-bad. Oh I feel so embarrased.

Just got it for Christmas....after watching the Rockstar INXS competition thing that was on tv, I realised I knew a lot of their music in passing but never realised it was INXS, so I got one of their "greatest hits" type CD's.

I got Neil Diamond's 12 Hits or whatever it's called for my hubby.

We also got a Queen DVD(Greatest Video's 1 I think it's called) as well as a 3-disk set of 2 DVD's and 1 CD of Fleetwood Mac recorded live in Boston.

We played them all Christmas Day and had a rockin' good time!

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Carrie Underwood - Christmas present
Bo Bice (single) - Christmas present
Celtic Woman
Brokeback Mountian soundtrack
Troy soundtrack

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
This week I bought... Franz Ferdinand "Franz Ferdinand", Rilo Kiley "More Adventerous", Muse "Absolution.", Nightwish "Once.", H.I.M. "Razorblade Romance.", the Sounds "In America.", the Strokes "Is this it?", and Vanilla Ninja "Silent Emotions"...

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Just bought, as in paid for: "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson, Michael Buble's self-titled debut album, and "Move It! Radio Disney Jams"
Christmas Gift: "The Last Unicorn" soundtrack (as "Das Letzte Einhorn", since for some odd reason it was only ever released in Germany)
Burned copies of CDs my mother owns: "Public Television's Greatest Hits" performed by the UK Symphony, and Modest Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" performed by the LSO.

The word you're looking for is "ecclectic."

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I think the last cd I bought was Madonna's "Confessions on the Dancefloor". Usually, when I hear something I like I just download the songs. Yes, I know you arent supposed to do that, but be honest...everyone does it..lol
Artists that I have really been into lately are:
Siobhan Fahey (Love me some Pulsatron and Bitter Pill.)
Adrianna Evans (I heard her music on the new Logo show "Noahs Arc". She has a lovely voice).
Goapele (She has a very neo-soulful voice as well.)
Sia (Heard her music on "Six Feet Under)
Jem
Xiu Xiu (Yes, I know his music is very morbid, but he can break plates with a rock and sound cool..lol)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Picked up a couple of Bon Jovi CD's the other day.......awesome.....42

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I've been into very upbeat music lately, so I can put it on my Philips MP3 player (looks like an ipod) and take to the gym (it's more fun to work out to uptempo music).

My daughter bought me Maroon 5's "Friday the 13th," which is a live concert from Santa Barbara. It's great!

Also, we recently bought Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway" and it's great, too.