Tanith will get her citizenship in time for Turin! | Golden Skate

Tanith will get her citizenship in time for Turin!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Fabulous news for Tanith (& Ben) & all the other legal immigrants in her situation! :party: :clap:

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, we do! :agree: We got to see them in Mike Weiss' foundation show in September.

Will the US be able to send three teams to the Olympics & Worlds?

antmanb

Record Breaker
iluvtodd said:
Yes, we do! :agree: We got to see them in Mike Weiss' foundation show in September.

Will the US be able to send three teams to the Olympics & Worlds?

Yes on the basis of B&As 2nd place and G&P's 11th (was that there finishing place?) place finish the US gets three spots at worlds and Olys.

Ant

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just think of all the teeth-gnashing in the Mitchell household. They will be hanging black crepe on their Christmas tree.

soogar

Record Breaker
chuckm said:
Just think of all the teeth-gnashing in the Mitchell household. They will be hanging black crepe on their Christmas tree.

Well she got it fair and square. Her lobbeyers were better than their letter. Though all this drama. They should have just made an exception (like let her refile her paperwork) years ago and kept it quiet. But I guess everyone loves a circus.

Spirit

On the Ice
Now watch her go to Turin and fall on her butt!!!!!

(I don't want that to happen, and I wouldn't really be happy if it did.)

Enero

On the Ice
Spirit said:
Now watch her go to Turin and fall on her butt!!!!!

(I don't want that to happen, and I wouldn't really be happy if it did.)

I was thinking the same thing. But like you, I'm hoping this doesn't happen. <crossfingers>

R.D.

Record Breaker
The link doesn't work for me.

Anyway, now the yay-sayers TRULY have their way now. Is everyone happy now? :biggrin: :cool:

Good for them, though. They are our best hope for a medal, IMO.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This will likely mean there will be no booing at Nationals during the Ice Dance competition, and Loren and David won't have to deal with cameras following them around.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
This is great news. Ice dancing isn't my fav, but I do like this team.....:) 42

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Now we just have to hope Agosto's injury is healed up! That would be awful if after all this he was too injured to compete or to do as well as they usually do.

Hm, so, injuries allowing, this means we're likely sending B/A, G/P, and...there's the third spot. So who will that be? M/Z or S/O? *refrains from commenting on G-R/M's chances now*

Spirit

On the Ice
chuckm said:
and Loren and David won't have to deal with cameras following them around.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

::::Spirit wipes a tear from his eye.::::

Oh, chuckm, that is so naive, it's sweet.

David and Loren will still have cameras following them around. The drama doesn't lie in what happened to Tanith. The drama lies in what their attitudes are, and in how they'll react to whatever happens or doesn't happen regarding the entire issue.

Peter Carruthers and/or Christine Brennan will rattle their cage, I assure you.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hey -- even if she (they) do fall on their butt in Torino (perish the thought), they should still give us the best American Olympic placement since Sarajevo. I'll take 4th or 5th over what we got last time....... or in Lillehammer.....:eek:hwell:

Dyan

On the Ice
I agree with Spirit. ABC will just fit Lynn Mitchell's letter writing into the entire story. I sense a big fluff piece coming up and thank goodness it has a happy ending. Well not for the Mitchell's.

As for G/R&M? With both Tanith and Max now being eligible to receive their citizenship the door just slammed on G/R&M's Olympic chances. I've seen the programs of the top contenders for senior dance and unless there are some major bobbles in the performances then both S&O'M and M&Z should place ahead of G/R&M. I love both of those teams so I'll be happy for whomever finishes third.

IMHO G/R&M will be fighting for the fifth spot with S&M, P&G and N&B.

And:

YAY TANITH AND MAX! :thumbsup: :clap: :rock:

Hikaru

Final Flight
Spirit said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

::::Spirit wipes a tear from his eye.::::

Oh, chuckm, that is so naive, it's sweet.

David and Loren will still have cameras following them around. The drama doesn't lie in what happened to Tanith. The drama lies in what their attitudes are, and in how they'll react to whatever happens or doesn't happen regarding the entire issue.

Peter Carruthers and/or Christine Brennan will rattle their cage, I assure you.

So true! nothing better than an Olympic drama to get the fuel for the event. That third spot is going to be very interesting!