Ugh-new CTV special on 2002 scandal | Golden Skate

Ugh-new CTV special on 2002 scandal

Antilles

Medalist
Good grief, we haven't heard enough of this after four years? I just saw an ad on CTV for a "special report" about the pairs scandal in Salt Lake City to be aired January 7th. Yes, let's inflame the public again just before the Olympics.

Can Nancy and Tonya be far behind? :laugh:

Oh well, all publicity is good publicity -- even bad publicity.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Antilles said:
Good grief, we haven't heard enough of this after four years? I just saw an ad on CTV for a "special report" about the pairs scandal in Salt Lake City to be aired January 7th. Yes, let's inflame the public again just before the Olympics.

Well the subject has been kept alive here at Golden Skate long enough, I don't think it will cause that big a commotion by revisiting the story on CTV. I suppose it's now part of Canadian Olympic history. Whose afraid of Virginia Wolf?

Vash01

Medalist
Ladskater said:
Well the subject has been kept alive here at Golden Skate long enough, I don't think it will cause that big a commotion by revisiting the story on CTV. I suppose it's now part of Canadian Olympic history. Whose afraid of Virginia Wolf?

...History told from a certain perspective, rather than the whole picture.

Vash

S

SkateFan4Life

Ladskater said:

Please. The only reasons why that program would be aired on CTV are:

Sele and Pelletier are Canadian, and they were the beneficiaries of the decision to award them dual gold-medals.

Sandra Bezic, arrogant as she is, is also Canadian, and her outrageous and inflammatory commentary on NBC television helped to fuel the flames to cause the judges' decision to be changed.

Give us a break, guys! :banging:

SkateFan4Life said:
Sandra Bezic, arrogant as she is, is also Canadian, and her outrageous and inflammatory commentary on NBC television helped to fuel the flames to cause the judges' decision to be changed.
Was it that, or was it the tearful confession on the part of one of the judges, to several different witness in separate places and times, including Mr. Cinquanta, that she had actually favored Sale and Pelletier's performance but voted for the other team under duress and pressure from the president of the French Federation and unnamed confreres?

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Was it that, or was it the tearful confession on the part of one of the judges, to several different witness in separate places and times, including Mr. Cinquanta, that she had actually favored Sale and Pelletier's performance but voted for the other team under duress and pressure from the president of the French Federation and unnamed confreres?
Common, Mathman, everybody knows that the reason that a second set of medals was awarded was because Rod Black on CBC was so upset with the original result :)

Spirit

On the Ice
I would like to see this, but I don't get CTV. I would be willing to pay for a tape.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Mathman said:

Thank you, Mathman, :clap: for pointing that out for the billionth time. Everyone could have whined and cried to their hearts' content, as it's been done before when skaters were robbed. The difference in SLC and the reason there actually WAS a change in results was this time, instead of closing ranks, a judge confessed they were cheating and the results were rigged from the outset. So yeah, whining's not kosher, but put the blame for the debacle where it belongs--on the judges and officials involved.