Christians are stupid comment at Christmas party | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Christians are stupid comment at Christmas party

Engwaciriel said:
But isn't "christmas" originally an Roman/pagan tradition that was sort of transformed into a christian tradition because it sutied the ones who ruled Rome. In that case it would be stupid for all of us to celebrate christmas..
Pagans rock! :rock:

FreeKatie

On the Ice
At my job, a comment like this would have caused another session of "sensitivity training" for the entire firm - people can be repremanded or fired for things of this nature.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I would've told them that while I will pray for them, I sincerely believe they are going to hell... because God doesn't like ugly. So there...

Aloft04

On the Ice
On the other hand, if we're dishing out awards for stupid and insensitive comments relating to religion, my vote goes to Pat Robertson.

heyang

Record Breaker
Even Christians don't want him..... Many of the Christan 'clergy' are calling for people to distance themselves from Pat Roberts. It think he forgets about the separation of Church and State.

JOHIO2

Medalist
heyang and aloft,

heyang said:
Even Christians don't want him..... Many of the Christan 'clergy' are calling for people to distance themselves from Pat Roberts.

Once again, Pat Roberston has put his foot in his mouth. He called Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke "the wrath of God" for Sharon's attempt to bring peace between Israelis and Palestinians by negotiating territory and terms for "dividing" Israel, contrary to what good-old Pat is sure is "the will of God." He even went on to proclaim it a warning for the next Israeli PM.

Is it too much to ask that at least one major Christian leader call that what it is - right-wing nonsense?

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
JOHIO2 said:
heyang and aloft,

Once again, Pat Roberston has put his foot in his mouth. He called Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke "the wrath of God" for Sharon's attempt to bring peace between Israelis and Palestinians by negotiating territory and terms for "dividing" Israel, contrary to what good-old Pat is sure is "the will of God." He even went on to proclaim it a warning for the next Israeli PM.

Is it too much to ask that at least one major Christian leader call that what it is - right-wing nonsense?

:disapp:

Pat Robertson is an idiot. Period.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aloft04 said:
On the other hand, if we're dishing out awards for stupid and insensitive comments relating to religion, my vote goes to Pat Robertson.
Amen to that!!!

On the reverse side there was a gentleman that worked with me and was very anti-Catholic and thought our organization was too Catholic. He didn't want us to say Merry Christmas or even acknowledge the holiday. He went to our boss and said he thought all of the merriment, gift giving and parties were out of line. My boss said........are you working Christmas Day??? The gentleman said ......no. It's a holiday!!???????

Dee