GP Final - Short Programs from TV | Golden Skate

GP Final - Short Programs from TV

R.D.

Record Breaker
Irina did better than I thought, but she messed up one of her jumps and seemed slower than usual. Mao DID outskate her this time around- wow.

Too bad for Alissa. Maybe Nats- or maybe never- she could have been a one-hit wonder.

Elena - Just her, I guess :laugh:

Did not see any of the other performances as I'm currently importing COR short programs.

K-Mo

On the Ice
I really enjoyed watching Stephane and Daisuke. I thought the men's field was pretty solid--even with just the 5 competing. I wish Eman would be more consistent--he will have a harder time making up lost ground at the Olympics.

I felt bad for Alissa--this could have been a great opportunity for her. It was still a good experience for her to deal with her nerves, but I wish she would have done better.

Yukari's leg wrap still bugs me. I know I should get past it, but it is really distracting to me. Also, I hate that unitard.

Is Irina starting to get tired? I know that everyone will start reading into this 2nd place finish, but she has been on top for over a season now. I know she blamed jet-lag, but I still thought she lacked her tradmark energy.

Stephane is THE winner here. I don't think he can overtake Plushy unless Plushy implodes. He will give Brian, Johnny and Daisuke a run for the money.

Joe

CDMM1991

Medalist
I loved Yukari's unitard, and music choice. I too find the leg wrap a bit distracting, but the jumps are just as clean as anyone's, so I've learned to look past it. I'm really not a big fan of Mao's program, because I just don't find her believable as Carmen. She did have the best performance of the night though, I have to agree. Irina didn't look great. Hopefully it's just jet lag, but as much as all of us wouldn't want to see Irina run away with the OGM without having to work for it, anyone who winning it over Irina when she wasn't at her best didn't truly have to work for it either. In my opinion, you are the best by beating the best.

R.D.

Record Breaker
CDMM1991 said:
I loved Yukari's unitard, and music choice. I too find the leg wrap a bit distracting, but the jumps are just as clean as anyone's, so I've learned to look past it. I'm really not a big fan of Mao's program, because I just don't find her believable as Carmen. She did have the best performance of the night though, I have to agree. Irina didn't look great. Hopefully it's just jet lag, but as much as all of us wouldn't want to see Irina run away with the OGM without having to work for it, anyone who winning it over Irina when she wasn't at her best didn't truly have to work for it either. In my opinion, you are the best by beating the best.

Sure, but on the flip side it's up to the best to BE the best. If they are not at their best, then it's not the other skaters' fault, and it should not take anything away from their victory. For example, do we say kwan won 2003 worlds just because Irina wasn't there? No!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
K-Mo said:
Yukari's leg wrap still bugs me. I know I should get past it, but it is really distracting to me. Also, I hate that unitard.

I've really had to work to, to get past the leg wrap and view it as CDMM says - it's properly landed regardless. But I actually LOVE the unitard!! She has really grown on me overall with her consistency and solid performance through this season. I hope she does well at Worlds.

Mean time, I too wish (BIG) that E-man could get a bit more consistency going on. I SO hope he's a real contender come Oly's. ITA also that IS was looking tired - and I hope her withdrawl from Russian Nats is just a much needed rest and nothing more.

But all in all - what an exciting season!!

DG

Last edited: