11. Gryazev
    12. Kondakov
    13. Borodulin
    14. Smirnov
    15. Leushin
    16. Sheplonov
    17. Mikhailov
    18. Rozanov

I am totally on how Magerovsky ended up that high, but I looked up the notes and he seemed to be clean. Still most of the other results are equally

Detalied report tomorrow

Oh, no! What happened to Gryazev?

Maybe there is some hope for Klimkin,

Go NJ Devils
    Anna, thank you so much for all your wonderful reports. The play-by-play and commentary really gives us a sense of the performances

Custom Title
    Griazev is toast. Under 6.0, you can't come back from 11th to 2nd place, even if you win the competition.

He seems to be a very inconsistent skater--he was 9th in the SP and 10th in the FS at Skate Canada, then won the SP and finished 3rd in the FS at Cup of China, for a bronze medal finish.

Skating Freak Barbie
    The Japanese federation is sending a lady skater who finished 6th at Nationals, based more on reputation and marketability than any performances on the GP circuit this year (Ando). You think the Russian federation is above sending Griazev over Magerovsky, Dobrin, Uspenski, should he manage to pull up to fifth or sixth after the long program?

Custom Title
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I think they would choose Klimkin if he skates a decent LP.

Skating Freak Barbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanti
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I think they would choose Klimkin if he skates a decent LP.
    Yeah, I would think/hope so also. But if Klimkin and whoever else goes to Euros crashes and burns? I could see it happening. Hopefully Klimkin will have a great competition.

It's all about Plushenko.
    Klimkin

After Johnny had his Nationals disaster, he had to work hard to prove himself. Griazev would need to do the same if he were to ever come back to elite sport.

Ice Angel
    Griazev placed high at SA or SC I don't remember. But his humps and skating were very sluggish, and he is still a JR level skater.

Skating Freak Barbie
    He crashed and burned at Skate Canada, he placed third at Cup of China after leading with the short program. Not bad for a "junior skater".

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey
    He crashed and burned at Skate Canada, he placed third at Cup of China after leading with the short program. Not bad for a "junior skater".
    Placements aside, what I've seen of him, his carriage and basic stroking seem really juniorish, right down to apparently forgetting his program and doing the same element three times in a row at last years Europeans (or was that worlds?) I forget the exact details (maybe it wasn't three times) but TT did not look pleased.

Oh, and go Klimkin! (aka the Russian skater who's really interesting to watch)

Custom Title
    I actually think Griazev has all of the necessary skills - watch him doing program run-throughs at practice and it's evident, which is why he seems to have such high respect from other top skaters. Yet, he does have a habit (whether it's nerves, injury, whatever) of not being able to consistently display those skills on the senior level. This is very disappointing if they do not send him to Euros and Torino.

Skating Freak Barbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke
    Placements aside, what I've seen of him, his carriage and basic stroking seem really juniorish, right down to apparently forgetting his program and doing the same element three times in a row at last years Europeans (or was that worlds?) I forget the exact details (maybe it wasn't three times) but TT did not look pleased.
    Having seen both programs from Euros, and both from worlds last year, I have no clue what you mean by this. Can you clarify?

Oh, and I like Klimkin as well, so will be happy with at least one skater going on this season.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast