Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Russian Nationals, Men Short Results

Tripping on the Podium
    Oh! I hope Griazev pulls up in the long ! I've seen him during some of his best performances, and I really enjoy his skating. Meanwhile, I'm very pleased with Sasha Uspenski and Sergei Dobrin . If either of them get third, we may be able to see them at Euros

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey
    Having seen both programs from Euros, and both from worlds last year, I have no clue what you mean by this. Can you clarify?
    Not from memory, I'd have to go back to the tapes (maybe it was 2 years ago?), but he repeated an element (3ax?) in a way that meant he'd lose points (i think it was a 3ax in combination and twice by itself?). It was one of the more bizarre things I'd seen and definitely gave the impression that he'd gotten lost and/or was improvising. I think Arakawa did something similar in the SP at 98 oly's - just kind of skating around for a while looking lost (or maybe that was what she had for choreography then).
    Anyway that was the only impression he'd ever made on me (besides some really gawdy costumes).

Tripping on the Podium
    I think I know what you mean:
    It was at Worlds 2004, he planned a 3a-3t-combo, but did a 3a-2t. His next element was a solo 3a but he tried to combine it with a 3t and doubled it again.

Rinkside

Thumbs up

Thank you , I want it for so long time and I found it just now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2