Japan Nationals - Ladies - Score Sheet Trivia | Golden Skate

Japan Nationals - Ladies - Score Sheet Trivia

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I started a separate thread for this because I suspect it might not be a spoiler, and might be of interest to some GSer's in The Edge. That's a Mod decision (posted Q in the Spoiler Sticky). I figured a separate thread would make it easier to move if it's NOT considered a spoiler, and might be open to more general discussion.

Here are some things that stand out for me after a review of the Ladies scores.

In terms of clean skating, there were only 2 falls in the LP's among the top 12 Ladies (based on deduction assumptions - #7 Sawada and #11 Umetani both with -1 in deductions). In the SP's, the top 15 had no falls (= no -1 deductions). WOW. My fondest wish is that US Nats (any / all divisions) can be skated this cleanly.

I set up a spreadsheet to compare the top 6 Ladies LP scores to previous LP scores for each of them. I tried to pick their best LP for this season to compare to, but might have missed some. My basic assumption is that the later season LP's most closely reflect content of the Japan Nats LP's - but might have over looked something. Tell me if I did. Also, for those of you who are score sheet junkies like me....PM me your e-addy and I'll send you the Excel spreadsheet if that would save you some curiosity trouble LOL!

Comments.

So far this season, it has been speculated among many that PCS trends with TES (whether we think it should or not). In general, I think this was true at JN (Japan Nats). Among the top 6 Japanese ladies LP's, I think the dramatic PCS changes cloesly follow the more dramatic TES changes. But I'm no statistician (sp) so HELP MM! :) Also, given the subjective nature of the sport, some score inflation at a Nats (Japan skaters only, Japan judges/tech panel only) doesn't really shock or bother me. I suspect we could see some similar at US Nats and other Nats.

General Summary:

Fumie LP NHK v. JN:

Total jump TES increase (base + GOE) of 6.3 points. All but .3 of that is in base. Major contributors - 2Z at NHK, 3Z at JN. 2A (last jump) at NHK v. 2A / 2T at JN.

Total non-jump TES ioncrease of 4.2 points. Opening spin at NHK called L1, called L4 at JN. (techies? was this appropriate?). Step Seq called L1 at NHK, L3 at JN. (techies?) Final spin L3 at NHK, L4 at JN.

Total TES increase NHK vs. JN = 10.5. PCS increase = 10.48. Total LP increase = 20.98.

Mao LP GPF v. JN:

Total jump TES decrease (base+GOE) of 4.5 points (yes, even with the 2-3A's). Base value was impacted positively by second 3A (with 1T combo) at JN, but negatively by using up that combo early (sacrificing a 2L later with bonus), and having a jump problem (I'm assuming) causing her to give up 2 additional 2L's (with late bonus) since there was no 3 jump combo. BUT...CONGRATS to Mao for I believe, being the first lady to land 2 3A's in an LP. This can only get better!!

Total non-jump TES. Net change remarkably between GPF and JN is zero. A couple of differences in levels called, a .4 net difference in GOE, a net 0 change for the 6 non-jump elements combined.

Total TES change from GPF = -4.5 points. Total PCS change from GPF = +.72.

Shiz LP TEB LP v. JN LP

Jump TES decreased by 5.58. Primary contributing factors appear to be ratified 3/3 (with +1 GOE) at JN, but offset by doubling the Flip, the Sal and having no 3 jump combo.

Non-jump TES increased by 2.3. Contributing factors appear to be an overall GOE improvement of 1.3, and a slight change of calling on element levels (+ and - combined) to make up the other point.

Total TES change from TEB = -3.28. PCS change from TEB = +6.56.

Well, that's the top finishers and the LP shore sheet junkie evals. I've already done the next 3 - let me know if you are interested in more highlights. (If not, I totally understand. I find it interesting but I'm sure others find it to be a drag!!)

I can also e-mail anyone interested the spreadsheet I put together - just PM me your e-addy if you want it.

DG