Band of 2005? | Golden Skate

Band of 2005?

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
Cast your ballot? Give a reason too:

I give a close tie to Bloc Party and the Arcade Fire, who are some of the greatest musical discoveries I have ever made. With these bands I see a resurgance of an era when music was great, 60's, 70's, and early 80's. Even though most of the influences are quite obvious in them they still have their own sounds and amazing ones too! It is great to see people making real music again. I suggest them to anyone who has lost faith in music.
You might not hear them played on the radio but they are more than worth your attention. Of course they are majorly hyped up but for good reasons- they are bloody brilliant in the words of Ron Weasley. Just so you know these bands are great live from what I hear unlike the Strokes who are brilliant musicians but I hear they are dreadful live. I have yet to see them (the Arcade Fire and Bloc Party) perform but I will be first in line when they come my way. I hope that they don't meet the same fate as the Libertines who had a brilliant debut but Pete Doherty became addicted to drugs and there is a lost oppurtinity to become a legend. The man could be a legend along the lines of Paul McCartney if he cleans up his act. Again he is living the rock n' roll lifestyle. Back on the my original topic, the Arcade Fire and Bloc Party, can either get better like Nightwish who went out with an epic, classic boom that is 'Once' or go downhill like Good Charlotte who had a great debut before they sold out. Keep your fingers crossed for the Arcade Fire and Bloc Party.