Your Last Six to Skate - Ladies | Golden Skate

Your Last Six to Skate - Ladies

from among those listed (in no particular order):

LADIES [20 total]
Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Kimmie Meissner, Bebe Liang, Emily Hughes, Alissa Czisny, Amber Corwin, Christine Zukowski, Stephanie Roth Jane Bugaeva, Megan Williams-Stewart, Michelle Boulos, Katy Taylor,
Erica Archambault, Abigail Legg, Megan Oster,Danielle Kahle,
Stephanie Rosenthal, Amy Evidente, Anna Madorsky

II. from your list of six, YOUR PODIUM LIST (in a particular order):

guinevere

Final Flight
I am pretty sure that the final 6 will be Kwan, Cohen, Czisny, Liang, Meissner and Hughes - although I'd be thrilled if Stewart-Williams took the place of either Meissner or Hughes (I really liked Megan's skating at Nats last year).

My hope for podium and Oly team is:

1) Kwan
2) Cohen
3) Czisny

treeskater

Rinkside
Last to skate: kwan, Cohen, Meissner, Liang, Czisny, Huges

Podium: Cohen, Czisny, Liang

I don't think Kwan will make the podium this year - injury has put her too far behind and CoP......

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Last six: Kwan, Cohen, Hughes, Meissner, Liang, Czisny.

I'm not going to speculate on podium at this point. I'll wait until after the short.

Sk8harvest

Rinkside
Last six to skate - my guess is Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Kimmie Meissner, Bebe Liang, Emily Hughes, Alissa Czisny, and Christine Zukowski or Katy Taylor.

If all six are healthy, fit and skate well (and I recognize that is a BIG "if") I think the order of finish will be:

1. Kwan
2. Cohen
3. Czisny
4. Kimmie

Of course, I don't know what level of fitness MK will have by Nats. If she is not pretty close to top competitve form, this will be SC's golden year. If Kimmie lands her 3A at Nats, she could beat out Alissa's spins and (sometimes cheated) 3X3 jump combo. I actually really enjoy Bebe's skating but she never really seems to be favored by the Nats judges. Overall, I want to see Kimmie's 3A landed and fully rotated. I want to see Alissa on fire like she was at SC (but with a 3X3 fully rotated natch!) I want to see Sasha perform two clean programs with fire, and I want to see MK healthy and strong and performing with passion.

Good discussed points on the skaters BUT

The Last Six to Skate can not include 7 or 8. names. ABC will not allow the previous six to be shown unless one of the favorites happens to have a bad hair day.

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Well, I'll put my imaginary money where my mouth is, since I just got done entering the prediction contest. LOL, a contest forces me to make those tough choices. And I never win, which is why I'm glad it's all just imaginary money. ;)

Cohen, Kwan, Meissner, Czisny, Liang, Hughes. If any of those withdraw for any reason, my alternates are Corwin, Taylor.

All this means is that the results are sure to be different from that!! :)

DG

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Podium:
Gold: Cohen
Silver: Czisny
Bronze: Kwan unless she has a complete meltdown/failure, then it will be Meissner

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm shocked that people are actually putting MK lower than 2nd lol

anyway my last flight of skaters

Kwan, Cohen, Czisny, Hughes, Meisnner, Taylor (again throwing in one of my hopes into the mix)

Frau Muller

Final Flight
My Way-Out but Honest Predictions! I really believe in this, based on current abilities of all the ladies, IF -- the big 'if' -- judges judge exactly what they see, using COP system correctly:

Gold: Csisny (rightful champion of the USA if COP is applied correctly by the judges)

Silver: Cohen

Bronze: Liang

4th: Kwan....but named to Oly team by USFSA on the merits of her lifetime of achievements...Liang goes to Worlds and/or Four CCs only

5th: Meissner

6th: Hughes (performs 10th-best LP & actually ends up lower than ...but shoe-horned into the final six by USFSA jusges because of advertisers' hopes to show 'a Hughes' during the telecast)

TO BE ROBBED by not making the cut to the final six, for Hughes' sake: Bugaeva or Taylor, both of whom will outskate Hughes in their LPs.

Matt

On the Ice
Kwan, Cohen, Meissner, Czisny, Liang, Hughes

1. Cohen
2. Kwan
3. Czisny
alternate: Meissner

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
uncertain

Cohen, Kwan, Czisny,Liang,Meissner, Taylor uncertain about Katy Taylor. She was skating like a little girl in too much makeup last year.Maybe someone new will move up this year I didn't see Juniors last year.I also am a long time fan of Amber Corwin. sk8addict

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
so now that Kwan's withdrawn......... does that change anyone's view of the top 6? :indiff:

CDMM1991

Medalist
I'll move everybody up one place and put Taylor at the bottom, and into the last six to skate.