Your Last Six to Skate - MEN | Golden Skate

Your Last Six to Skate - MEN

from the following list (in no particular order):

Johnny Weir, Tim Goebel, Evan Lysacek, Matt Savoie, Michael Weiss,
Scott Smith, Shaun Rogers, Derrick Delmore, Tommy Steenberg,
Parker Pennington, Ryan Jahnke, Rohene Ward, Ryan Bradley, Dennis Phan,
Nicholas LaRoche, Jordan Wilson, Michael Villarreal.

II. From your last six List Your PODIUM (in particular order):

guinevere

Final Flight
My hopes for fianl flight (and therefore making the tv coverage), in no particular order:
Weir, Ward, Goebel, Lysacek, Savoie, and Weiss.

I'm hoping the podium will be, in any order, Lysacek, Weir, and Savoie, although I'd be thrilled if Rohene could make it.

treeskater

Rinkside
Last to skate: Weir, Goebel, Lysacek, Savoie, Weiss, Jahnke

Podium: Weir, Lysacek, Goebel/Savoie/Weiss (sorry, but all 3 are neck to neck in my book with Weiss being the wild card - I would like Savoie personally......)

I understand treeskater. It's difficult to leave people out but that's not life.
We're looking for solid predictions with powers of conviction.:)

Joe

childfreegirl

Final Flight
My last six: Weir, Weiss, Lysacek, Savoie, Goebel and Ryan Bradley (I hope!)

Again, I'll hold off on podium until after the short.

Sk8harvest

Rinkside
Last six to skate:
Johnny Weir, Tim Goebel, Evan Lysacek, Matt Savoie, Michael Weiss, Scott Smith or Rohene Ward

Podium:

Johnny Weir
Evan Lysacek
Tim Goebel

I am not sure about that number 3 spot. I put Goebel because he is 2 time World's silver medallist and reigning Oly bronze, and I assume that will be considered by the judges in marking his performances. But in the past two years he has been nowhere near the level that won him those medals. I think with a great skate Weiss or Smith will grab that 3rd spot. Personally, I like Matt Savoie but, like my other underdog fave Bebe Liang, he has never seemed to have much favor with the USFSA. Sadly, I think Matt will be making another trip ot 4 Continents this year instead of the Olys, but I will be rooting for him.

As I said on the Ladies thread, what I hope for the most is to see everyone have the skate of a lifetime.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Once again putting my imaginary money where my mouth is (based on the official prediction contest) here goes.

Weir, Lysacek, Weiss, Goebel, Savoie, Jahnke. In case of withdrawl, alternates Smith and Ward.

I've only seen Ward perform a couple of times via internet downloads. But he is one that I am HOPING skates lights out, and blows my predictions out of the water. ;)

DG

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I understand treeskater. It's difficult to leave people out but that's not life.
We're looking for solid predictions with powers of conviction.:)

Joe

ok I'll bite... but whenever I predict that's a clear sign that they'll flop

my pick for top 6 -
Weir, Lysacek, Savoie, Weiss, Goebel, and uhhhhh Ryan Bradley (what the heck I am putting one dream of mine in the mix)

As for podium, for get you! I am not about to predict and have someone I like falter because of it! :laugh:

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Tonichelle said:
ok I'll bite... but whenever I predict that's a clear sign that they'll flop

my pick for top 6 -
Weir, Lysacek, Savoie, Weiss, Goebel, and uhhhhh Ryan Bradley (what the heck I am putting one dream of mine in the mix)

As for podium, for get you! I am not about to predict and have someone I like falter because of it! :laugh:

I'm the same way! :laugh:

Matt

On the Ice
Of: Weir, Weiss, Goebel, Lysacek, Bradley, and Jahnke

1. Weir
2. Lysacek
3. Jahnke
alternate: Goebel

Goebel has done nothing on the year to prove to me that he is in top competitive shape for challenging for the Olympic team. I have never seen Rohene Ward except the absolute meltdown that he was last year, so I'm not convinced

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
omitions?

Weir, Lysacek,Savoie,Smith,Jhanke, Laroche. Of coarse this is my "in your dreams" list. The usfsa judges will probably hold up Timothy & Mike just because they are past champions. They both have already proved that they can't do anything internationally this year. SK8addict

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Last group
Weir
Lysacek
Weiss
Goebel
Savoie
Smith

Podium
1. Lysacek (I would hope for Weir though)
2. Weir
3. Goebel

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Last group -

Weir
Weiss
Lysacek
Jahnke
Goebel
Savoie

Podium -

1. WEISS (yeah...not many will be cheering but I see it happening!!!) :rock:
2. Lysacek
3. Weir

Alternate: Goebel

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Hopeful podium placement::

Weiss, Weir, Lysacek

Probable podium placement::

Weir, Goebel, Savoie 42

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Weir
Lysacek
Weiss
Goebel
Savoie
Ward

My wish list for the Oly team is Weir, Savoie and Ward but that aint gonna happen.