10 Questions with Sasha Cohen- Pre-Olys | Page 2 | Golden Skate

10 Questions with Sasha Cohen- Pre-Olys

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Red Dog said:
There's a new journal that was posted on the Sasha fans forum. I must say she is certainly talking the talk. I can't help but wonder what she will say if 2006 turns out to be a disaster for her...
I think you just hit the nail on the head... at the same time that she is pounding the nails into her coffin, Nats-wise. In the past she has been a lot of talk and very little action, and she hasn't given me any reason to believe otherwise this season. I'll believe her when I actually SEE her skating like she says she is, but I'm expecting to see the same old Sasha.

But the same old Sasha might be enough to win nationals this year, if Michelle is unable to be the same old Michelle.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'll believe her when I actually SEE her skating like she says she is, but I'm expecting to see the same old Sasha.

Same here, actually. However, I think her "best" is yet to come. Or maybe it has already in one of those "other" "good" performances she's done in the past.

MM- possible. But MK would have to be VERY rusty and stiff-looking to lose to her. jmo

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Red Dog said:
Alright, then, a two-year wonder :laugh:

ROTFL... Yeah, my point was that Tara was not somebody that came out of nowhere and won the Olympics.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, she came out of somewhere, won the Olympics, then disappeared into oblivion. :biggrin: ;)

millie

Medalist
Red Dog said:
Well, she came out of somewhere, won the Olympics, then disappeared into oblivion. :biggrin: ;)

At least, Tara won the OGM, that's what all the skaters strive for. She proved that she could do it and that all that matters. Nobody can take that away from her. Why do you think the older skaters are sticking around, if not to try to win the OGM. I bet if they had won the gold medal earlier in their career, that they would have retired also.:)

nymkfan51

Medalist
millie said:
I bet if they had won the gold medal earlier in their career, that they would have retired also.:)

Some might have, but others would have stayed on for sure. Just depends on the person I guess.

in the old days, movies were a big possibility for advancing a career but nowadays one has to act in movies.:biggrin:

Joe