Who's going ? | Golden Skate

Who's going ?

Mamouchka

Rinkside
Hello Medhi, hééééééé an of Lyons as me;) ! Lol I go there from Thursday, January 19th,:rock: and you?

Mehdi

On the Ice
Coucou Mamouchka

I'm going to the training sessions on Saturday and Sunday, and to the ladies' and men's free.

Matt

On the Ice
Est-ce qu'est dans le site officiel de l'Internet la liste des athlètes? (Je ne sais pas si mon français est assez bien, mais avec deux personnes francophones, j'ai eu envie de l'essayer! :p )

Is the list on the official website? (I don't know if my French is all that great, but with two French-speaking people, I had to test it out! :p )

Mehdi

On the Ice
Matt said:
Est-ce qu'est dans le site officiel de l'Internet la liste des athlètes? (Je ne sais pas si mon français est assez bien, mais avec deux personnes francophones, j'ai eu envie de l'essayer! :p )

Très bien ! wow
"Est-ce que la liste des athlètes est sur le site officiel ?" is better but the rest is impressive ! :)
No, the list is not available on the official site..

I wanted to go and actually made some plans but then I realized it was just too close the US Nats.

Mehdi - I hope you give us good unbiased reports on the competitions.

Joe

Mehdi

On the Ice
Hi Joe

Such a shame you're not coming :cry:
I hope it will be for another time.
We'll tell you about the action here. :)

Mehdi - If I knew the present situation with Kwan, I would have skipped US Nats and gone to Euros. Much rather watch Joubert, Lambiel, Klimkin and Plushenko. The Mens division at Euros will be a hoot.

Joe

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Joe,

I just made plans to go and cheap airline tix to Lyon can still be had - fly through Paris or fly to Orly/Paris and just hop the train directly from the airport to Lyon.
If you need a room, they have them for as little as $70 Euros a night and still openings. C'mon.....go to Euros!! Like you mentioned as the big draw, I'm going to see Plushenko versus Joubert live - their last two Euro matches have been fantastic and am very pleased to finally get to see one live.

Bon soir,
Zanzibar

I clicked on Sebie's link and notice that there are so many entries from one country. I presume there is no criteria for qualifying for euros?

Also there is no Lambiel in the Men's division - not under Sui or Swi.

Joe

Matt

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
I clicked on Sebie's link and notice that there are so many entries from one country. I presume there is no criteria for qualifying for euros?

Also there is no Lambiel in the Men's division - not under Sui or Swi.

Joe

The ones with numbers next to them are the actual representatives for that country in the competition. The others with an "S" next to their name in the right-hand column are alternates for those skaters ("S" for "substitute"). IIRC, a country is allowed as many alternates as they are actual competitors in the competition (hence why Russia has 6 skaters entered--3 skaters, 3 alternates)

And Lambiel is there, under SUI. There are just so many mens skaters, he's on the second page :p . Scroll all the way down to the bottom and click "Next"; he's at the top of the page

Mamouchka

Rinkside
Zanzibar said:
Joe,

I just made plans to go and cheap airline tix to Lyon can still be had - fly through Paris or fly to Orly/Paris and just hop the train directly from the airport to Lyon.
If you need a room, they have them for as little as $70 Euros a night and still openings. C'mon.....go to Euros!! Like you mentioned as the big draw, I'm going to see Plushenko versus Joubert live - their last two Euro matches have been fantastic and am very pleased to finally get to see one live.

Bon soir,
Zanzibar
Kathleen,
I am persuaded that these European championships are going to be exciting! The "fight" between Stéphane Lambiel, Evnegui Plushenko and Brian Joubert is going to be intense for our nerves in Lyon;) ! Lol!! I look forward to being there!
Welcome in Lyon .:rock:

Matt said:
The ones with numbers next to them are the actual representatives for that country in the competition. The others with an "S" next to their name in the right-hand column are alternates for those skaters ("S" for "substitute"). IIRC, a country is allowed as many alternates as they are actual competitors in the competition (hence why Russia has 6 skaters entered--3 skaters, 3 alternates)

And Lambiel is there, under SUI. There are just so many mens skaters, he's on the second page :p . Scroll all the way down to the bottom and click "Next"; he's at the top of the page
Thanks Matt. I didn't notice the 'next' at the bottom of the page.

How did Russia get 3 entries? Based on last year's Euros and not Worlds. Correct?

Joe

Mehdi

On the Ice
Okay, the first training sessions are scheduled on Saturday.
I'll be there.
If you guys attending the event want to meet each other, I'll be more than happy.

Mehdi

On the Ice
Hi all

Well, after a first day with very few skaters on the ice we had a much better second day of training sessions. Most pairs, ladies and dancers were there.
It was a pleasure to see Drobiazko/Vanagas back. They have a nice free program. I'm very impressed by the German pair of Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy. They really have great moves with difficult transitions and I love their style. The 3 russian teams didn't show up unfortunately.
In the ladies field we saw Volchkova and Sokolova. They were not at their best. Sokolova looks overweighted and Volchkova, just back from injury, said that she was there just for fun. Anyway nice to see her back.

Last edited: