Figure Skating Medals | Golden Skate

Figure Skating Medals

Sebbie

Rinkside
Q Which contries will win medals at the Oly's ?

A I think that Russia will win 4 gold medals ! USA will will only one medal in ladies event with Michelle Kwan or Sacha Cohen. Canada will win 2 medals with Jeffrey Buttle on the Men Podium and Dubreuil and Lauzon in the Top 3 of Dance Event.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Here are some calls I am making now:

1. Russia will win all 4 golds.

2. Canada will win no more than 1 medal, and they might win 0.

3. U.S will win no more than 1 medal, and they might win 0.

4. Japan will end up with atleast 1 medal, maybe 2.

5. Traditional power France will end up with 0 medals.

6. China will win 1 medal, no more, no less.

Hi, Sebbie, welcome and thanks for joining us!

I think the U.S. might win two medals, Sasha in ladies and Belbin and Agosto in dance.

I think Sandhu is a possibility for Canada.

The Japanese ladies could win both bronze and silver.

Mathman :)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Kwan will win the gold in all disciplines:biggrin: ......yes even without a partner in pairs and dance!

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
This might be easier:

top three pairs: 2 Russians, 1 Chinese
ladies: 1 Russian, 1 American, 1 Japanese
men: 1 Russian, 1 Swiss, 1 of either American, French or Canadian
dance: 1 Russian, 1 American, 1 of Bulgarian, Ukraine (far-fetched Canadian)

Last edited:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Piel said:
Kwan will win the gold in all disciplines:biggrin: ......yes even without a partner in pairs and dance!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yes, but that's only because she's also the technical caller!
xoxo
Rave

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*HEY!!!!!*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
You are all forgeting one important person!!! CAROLINA KOSTNER!!! What, you don't think that she can win a medal??? Forza Caro!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Matt

On the Ice
Men: Switzerland (gold---yes, I AM that bold), Russia (silver), Canada (bronze)
Women: Russia (gold), USA (silver), Japan (bronze)
Pairs: Russia (gold, bronze), China (silver)
Dance: Russia (gold), Ukraine (silver), Bulgaria or Israel (bronze)

soogar

Record Breaker
Wee my predictions
Men : Russia (gold and bronze), Switzerland (silver)
Ladiezzzz Russia (bronze), Italy (gold), US (silver)
Pairs : Russia (gold), China (silver), Germany (bronze)
Ice Dance: US (gold, will be a huge upset), Russia (silver), Ukraine (bronze)

I don't see Irina winning the ladies event at all. Her sloppy skating (like Surya's) is not Olympic gold medal material.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Here we go...

Men: Russia (gold) Canada (silver) France (bronze)

Ladies: USA (gold/bronze) Russia (gold/silver) Japan (silver/bronze)

Pairs: China (gold) Russia (silver) Russia (bronze)

Ice Dance: USA (gold) Russia (silver) Canada (bronze)

At least two major upsets & one HUGE scandle brought on by the US press. Figure skating will be under review with lots of talk about pulling it from 2010. NJS will be blamed & revised system will look a like like 6.0 w/ special catchfoot wording...

or Russia will sweep, the judging will be above board & I will go to sleep early.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
slutskayafan21 said:
Here are some calls I am making now:

1. Russia will win all 4 golds.

2. Canada will win no more than 1 medal, and they might win 0.

3. U.S will win no more than 1 medal, and they might win 0.

4. Japan will end up with atleast 1 medal, maybe 2.

5. Traditional power France will end up with 0 medals.

6. China will win 1 medal, no more, no less.

Revising my picks.

1. Russia will still win all 4 golds.

2. Canada will win no more than 2 medals, and they might win 1, or they might win 0.

3. U.S will win no more than 3 medals, they are more likely to win no more than 2, they will win atleast 1, but they might win only 1.

4. Japan might miss the medals altogether, or they might win 1, or maybe win 2,
any they will will be in womens, no men.

5. France might get a medal, but there is a good chance they wont. If they do it is a bronze in mens, which would almost ensure U.S or Canada not reaching their maxs IMHO.

6. China not might win 2 medals, or they might win only 1, they will win atleast 1 though. Any medals they win will be in pairs.

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
I think Russia will win at least three golds. The U. S. has a good chance of winning lots of medals, too.

handlem9z

Rinkside
I predict a Russian Sweep for the Gold Medal in all disciplines (ladies, men, pairs and dance).

US will get two silver medals (ladies and dance) and one bronze (men)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
MEN: Switzerland, Russia, Canada. (As I've mentioned in a couple of previous threads, I just have a strange feeling that Plushy is going to be upset. And I'm not ruling out the possibility of Sandhu or Buttle winning the gold, either.)

LADIES: Russia, US, Japan

PAIRS: Russia, China (gold and silver I think could go either way assuming Shen & Zhao skate at or near full tilt), Russia

DANCE: Russia (assuming N & K don't get barred because of this supposed brewing drugtest scandal, about which I've heard little in the last week), Ukraine, Lithuania. Or Canada could get on there. After the last 20 years, I just find it hard to believe that the judges are going to give a US couple an Olympic medal very easily. I'm just amazed that out of the 4 categories, Dance, from 2nd place to about 7th or 8th, is actually, IMO the hardest to predict!!

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
I would be the happiest if Russia wins 4 golds but it will be very hard...Remember, Gwendal and Marina will be there competing, and Italians, and Lithuania...
I think that Plusenko will win the gold, Lambiel silver.
Irina should win the gold, Sokolova and Carolina to fight for second...oh, yes, I forgot Sasha,Michelle and Japanesse..Anyway, Irina should win.
Pairs and Dance? WELL ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

Nana

Rinkside
Re

Hi, but how about Shen and Zhao? P&T are also OK!

They are hope of China, I always believe in them!:cool:

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Sokolova won't get anywhere near the podium. In ladies, it's now basically a lock for Irina, unless she REALLY flubs and Sasha or one of the Japanese ladies has a stunning LP. From what I've seen of Kostner this season, not likely for a medal at all, not remotely likely for gold. Irina and Sasha are too far ahead of her, and so are the Japanese skaters, if they're on.

Ladies: Russia (gold), USA (silver or bronze), Japan (silver or bronze)
Pairs: Russia (gold), China (silver), Russia or China (bronze) with the US or Germany dark horses.
Men's: Russia (gold), silver and bronze are up for grabs.
Dance: Russia (gold), USA (silver or bronze), Canada, Ukraine, Lithuainia (bronze) That depends on how much of B/A's silver at Worlds was the judges being kind because they figured they weren't going to the Olys, and how much was that they really liked them. In any case, N/K just have to show up, much as Plushenko does in the men's.