Kwan WD's from Nat. | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Kwan WD's from Nat.

mzheng

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
You could say that in the reverse though. Has Michelle ever beaten a clean Sasha? Maybe her 2002 U.S Nationals competition was considered "clean"? Even if it was 2002 cant be considered to be meaningful relative to anything that happens in 2003-2005.

The real question should be down the road how many clean winning performance will be seen at Nationals like we seen often in last decade?

And down the road how far the new generations will keep the 3 lady spots at the worlds like US got in last decade?

nymkfan51

Medalist
mzheng said:
And down the road how far the new generations will keep the 3 lady spots at the worlds like US got in last decade?

mzheng, I think I will be most interested in seeing what happens there. Our 3 spots have rather been taken for granted, IMO. Life without Kwan may not be as sweet as some people think.

sk8addict

On the Ice
unjust

Mathman said:
Sk8addict, why are you being so nasty to people who like Michelle? You like Sasha. That's cool. Why try to start a fight?

Mathman
I did not try to start a fight. I found fault with the default word & was attacked for stating it.. I love figure skating period. No skater takes that away. To tell you the truth. I am so sad to be going to a Nationals with Jennifer Don!!!!

sk8addict said:
ITo tell you the truth. I am so sad to be going to a Nationals without Jennifer Don!!!!
:) :love: Off topic, but does Jennifer qualify for the Olympics as the National Champion of Taiwan?

MM

orchid

On the Ice
slutskayafan21 said:
You could say that in the reverse though. Has Michelle ever beaten a clean Sasha? Maybe her 2002 U.S Nationals competition was considered "clean"? Even if it was 2002 cant be considered to be meaningful relative to anything that happens in 2003-2005.

Please remind me whenEVER Sashaa has ever skated a "clean" program? and what is a clean program?

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
First of all -- I guess I'm really sorry I ever brought up the "invisible asterisk" factor re. Sasha [:bow: ], tho I am glad that some of you at least did get the point I was trying to make. In regards to others, some of the situations that were cited under the "should there be an asterisk..." question were not even remotely on par with this one. It's not like the record books would show a REAL one next to her name because Michelle wasn't there, for heaven's sake, and anyway several years down the road only true diehard skating fans are even going to remember that Michelle didn't compete at this Nats. And the reason I would consider it a possibility that Sasha would have this next to her name at all is because of the attitude of certain Kwan fanatics who are under the impression that if Kwan doesn't compete, it's just not a competition at all.

Joe -- I think putting this next to this year's OGM winner just because Mao won't be there would be just a little premature; IMO it's just not the same thing to win something in part because one of the sports all-time greats isn't there, and to win something in part because THIS SEASON'S PHENOM won't be there.

Mathman -- no, Jennifer doesn't qualify for the Olys. Assuming that she can meet Taiwan's citizenship criteria for their Olympians, she would have had to have competed at the Karl Shafer in Vienna last fall in order to get Taiwan an Oly berth, and she didn't. I didn't know that Jennifer was the Taiwanese champ this season, tho, so thank you for that info.

JonnyCoop said:
Joe -- I think putting this next to this year's OGM winner just because Mao won't be there would be just a little premature; IMO it's just not the same thing to win something in part because one of the sports all-time greats isn't there, and to win something in part because THIS SEASON'S PHENOM won't be there.
Agree with your not comparing the two. they are separate. But in both cases, someone important will not be there.

Joe

mzheng

Record Breaker

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
orchid said:
Please remind me whenEVER Sashaa has ever skated a "clean" program? and what is a clean program?
2004 Worlds SP.

Dee

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Oh man...

I've been out of touch for a few days and what a shocker to read this news. I'm so disappointed......I was really looking forward to seeing MK in the hunt at my first live competition ever next week. (yeah, I know...that's selfish....)

Mean time, I wish Michelle a speedy recovery. I hope she will be well enough to skate the Oly's.

DG

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
USFS owes Michelle nothing. Michelle owes USFS nothing.

Michelle has greatly benefitted figure skating in the United States. Figure skating has greatly rewarded Michelle. That's even-Steven.

The sport of figure skating is bigger than any one person. Michelle as a person transcends her sport. Even-up again.

I think the bye talk will fizzle out. I do not expect Michelle to be able to skate at any kind of a competive level by February.

Go Sasha! Maybe when she wins a medal at Torino, Sasha will announce from the podium, "I humbly accept this award in the name of the Kween!"

MM

Mathman ITA with everything you said here:yes: