Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Sasha: coronation or upset in St. Louis?

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Sandee
    (Must. Not. Take. The. Bait....Must. Not. - ah heck, I'm blowing my New Year's resolution!)

Interesting turn of phrase. Hmm, what's more likely:

A: MK fans are jealous of Sasha because she has no National, World or Olympic medals, but gets a lot of deservedly good press for her skills and is likely going to win this year's Nationals

OR

B. Sasha fans are jealous of MK because she has successfully held off Sasha's 5 attempts to get a National title, and has a slew of other World titles (and 2 Olympic medals) to her name.

Yup. It's got to be MK fans that are jealous of Sasha

Frankly, this MK fan is not jealous of Sasha or any skater. I've always considered all the medals that MK has won since 2002 as just gravy at this point. Believe me, this MK fan actually can't believe Sasha hasn't managed a National title yet. She seemed legitimately poised to do so at least twice.

You can believe this or not (and I know you won't), but if MK never wins another medal, MK fans have a plethora of laurels to look back on fondly. Sad for a certain skater's jealous fans that they haven't been able to say the same thing over the last 5 years.

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    I doubt it highly that Sasha even got a flu shot, let alone get a variant strain that is not covered in the standard trivalent vaccine available. She probably doesn't even have the flu, just a bad cold. If it was the flu, she'd have a high fever, be aching all over, and not feel up to getting out of bed, let alone performing her routine

Custom Title

Oh come on

Im expecting to hear shes in the hospital. Come on she has a runny nose with Nicks hyping it up again. The flu would put her down for some time. Let it go shes fine we will see her blow her nose and then we have the ans.

SkateFan4Life
    And if Sasha doesn't win this week, she'll tell the world that she's suffering from the flu and not physically able to skate at her top level.

Excuses, excuses, excuses........

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan4Life
    And if Sasha doesn't win this week, she'll tell the world that she's suffering from the flu and not physically able to skate at her top level.

Excuses, excuses, excuses........

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses--yeah--there seems to be a lot of excuses lately from some other skaters.

For the sake of the U.S. team we should all be hoping that Sasha comes out and kicks ice. I am surprised that these skaters don't have more colds/URI with all of the traveling, and the cold damp ice rinks. Come on people, especially my fellow Kwaniacs we all need to get behind our country's TEAM whoever it might be. These gals need all of the confidence thay can get so that they can do a great job representing us in Turino. A strong Cohen doesn't equal a weaker Kwan. The U.S. team has room for a Kween and a Cween!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan4Life
    I think it shows that Sasha can finish ahead of Michelle on any given day; however, she still did not win the gold medal at Worlds last year.
    Once again because of her inability to do a clean long program, I am trying to remember the last clean long program from her not at a cheesefest.

Custom Title
    Given that this will be the most pressure Sasha has ever had at US Nationals, I give her chances for gold an 8 out of 10. Alissa is good enough to win, if she is perfect and Sasha makes mistakes. I hope that doesn't happen as it would be very embarrassing for Sasha. My guess is Sasha, Alissa, Kimmie in that order.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6